Kel-Tec Forum banner

These things are addictive...

13K views 67 replies 11 participants last post by  Flyer 
I wonder if Springfield Armory is gonna get whipped in court for ripping off Glock's design...
Smith&Wesson and H&K did, and lost big-time.
The XD is a more blatant copy than either of the above pistols, the P-99 or the Smith.
Flyer

Take your beloved XD apart and look inside the slide.
Note the firing pin arrangement.
Note everything else.
Compare to a Glock.
If Glocks could mate an XD could be a somewhat deformed offspring.
Also...
I'm getting sick of smileys rolling their eyes at me.
Get a Glock and an XD, shoot them both extensively (like I HAVE, but haven't spent money to aquire an XD), and conduct your own evaluation, like I have.
You may find the rolling eyes don't apply.
Flyer

Take your beloved XD apart and look inside the slide.
Note the firing pin arrangement.
Note everything else.
Compare to a Glock.
If Glocks could mate an XD could be a somewhat deformed offspring.
Try reading that again. It seems clear enough to me.
If you're simply here to argue, please go ahead. I'll be glad to boot you right off this forum to the moon along with providing your ISP to other gun forums.
Flyer

Well...
Since I don't know what ---------> ? <----------- means...
I'll go out and buy a new XD tomorrow and shoot the absolute crap outta it and post an article this weekend.
Flyer

tater77,
Oh, by the way...
Glocks AREN'T my favorite guns, by the way.
I've got MANY MANY firearms... it's tough to pick any particular favorite.
I DO have a favorite handgun... but there are plenty of forums already out there dedicated exclusively to it.
Flyer

Another thing is important, too...
It's having the gun you really want!
If you've got to save up for it, or even get a loan... it's money well-spent. It's going to give you pride of ownership, and that'll translate into better shooting skill.
Old advice: Get the absolute best gun you can, and if you can't afford it, find a way anyhow!
Flyer

Okay,
Finished up my test of the XD vs. Glock. Will post the results this weekend.
Just traded the XD back off and got a nice new Mil-Spec 1911 to work on and do some real shooting with.
Flyer

Here comes Flyer, idiotic brain synapses mis-firing away...
The entire MIM process, a modern form of "sintering", can be traced all the way back to Winchester's first and only handgun design.
In the late 1880s Winchester designed a revolver to compete with Colt and Smith & Wesson.. in fact it used a Colt barrel on the prototypes. The frame was made with the then-new process of filling a mold with metal dust and heating it under pressure until it melted/welded itself together.
Winchester called the project off before it ever reached the production stage 'cause S&W and Colt owned the revolver market and they knew it...
Still an interesting way to link an old revolver to the newest in "hi-tech."
Yeah, I know.. I'm blabbing.
I'll go away now.
Flyer

It came out of a clear blue sky...
Hey, not only do we intend KTRange to be the very best source for Kel-Tec information, we ALSO wish to be the "Subliminal Gun History Internet University"... giving everyone involved the entire history of firearms all the way back to ancient China!
Flyer

Not the XD vs. Glock thing again.
I actually went out and bought a XD in .40 to compare side by side with my G-22.
After the testing, I then swapped the XD for something better.
Another Glock.
Flyer

flatrock,
Yup, I was going to post the review... but then the entire thing seemed to die down and no one seemed interested anymore! So I just canned the project.
In essence, though, the XD DID perform very well. Quality was high, though in my opinion not up to Glock level (but hardly anything else is either). Very dependable, not a single misfire or malfunction.
My problems were with the practical accuracy and the grip, including the grip safety. Also, the bore sits much higher in the hand that does the Glock bore, therefore it seemed as if felt recoil was greater.
Also, I just didn't like the FEEL of the pistol... and that, coupled with the fact that with approximately the same barrel length the Glock would shoot 3 inch groups vs. 5 inch ones for the XD, the choice became clear.
Flyer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.