Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to take the P-11 plunge. My dealer should get some in a couple days. He says the Kel-Tecs are good sellers. I have loved my little P3AT even after a couple issues requiring new parts. I like knowing the inner workings of my firearms and Kel-Tecs are great in this regard.

Thanks for all the tips/tricks on this board.

I'm going to have to say good bye to my little Taurus 38. I have a limited budget and have come to like/trust the little autos enough to depend on one as my primary.

:lol:

·
Registered
467 Posts
The P-11 is a GREAT gun

The P-11 is a GREAT gun.
I first bought the P3AT that was the first kel-tec that I ever owned, I then stumbled onto this site a learned about the P-11.
After I searched most of Ohio trying to find one I did at Gander Mountain and paid only $189 for the gun brand new!, shortly after that I went back to Gander Mountain and bought a second one brand new for $184.
They beat the 38s any day with 11 rounds vs 5 rounds

G

·
Someone call KT....we need for 2004 a P11 and P40 with a light rail! One that could accomidate the little XD light for the compact springfield xd.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I wonder if Springfield Armory is gonna get whipped in court for ripping off Glock's design...
Smith&Wesson and H&K did, and lost big-time.
The XD is a more blatant copy than either of the above pistols, the P-99 or the Smith.
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Take your beloved XD apart and look inside the slide.
Note the firing pin arrangement.
Note everything else.
Compare to a Glock.
If Glocks could mate an XD could be a somewhat deformed offspring.
Also...
I'm getting sick of smileys rolling their eyes at me.
Get a Glock and an XD, shoot them both extensively (like I HAVE, but haven't spent money to aquire an XD), and conduct your own evaluation, like I have.
You may find the rolling eyes don't apply.
Flyer

·
Registered
20 Posts
The firing pin arrangement ? Is that all ?
So if Ford make a car with Headlights it might be copying Chevy or Dodge? Is that all you got?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Take your beloved XD apart and look inside the slide.
Note the firing pin arrangement.
Note everything else.
Compare to a Glock.
If Glocks could mate an XD could be a somewhat deformed offspring.
Try reading that again. It seems clear enough to me.
If you're simply here to argue, please go ahead. I'll be glad to boot you right off this forum to the moon along with providing your ISP to other gun forums.
Flyer

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was just trying to get specifics from you.You stated your opinion and I was trying to see why you thought that way. Not arguing just seeing if you have any reasons for your beliefs. You only stated firing pin arrangement and I don't beleive that is enough to call it a copy not even if you add the trigger safety.Yes I have fired glocks and I own an XD, and I like both.
I have no opinion on which one is better, the best gun is the one you are most comfortable and proficient with.Like I sad, I'm not trying to start an argument but I am tired of people saying an XD is just a glock knock-off with no real knowledge of an XD. Most of the people that say that are just ignorant and probably only own a glock because it's "cool" to own one.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well...
Since I don't know what ---------> ? <----------- means...
I'll go out and buy a new XD tomorrow and shoot the absolute crap outta it and post an article this weekend.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
I'll go out and buy a new XD tomorrow and shoot the absolute crap outta it and post an article this weekend. Flyer
Dang I wish I could do that! I want one too, if only for the Smith mag interchangablity. If you don't like it Flyer just let me know good buddy :wink: They may get away with the "copy" by the improved grip safety mechanism. Or maybe just lose the altogether. Still I want one. As long it is more reliably than my Old Glock 26

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you do go out and buy one be sure to polish feedramp if you plan on feeding any gold dots through it. That's the only ammo I had any trouble with. The ----> ? <------ was a question, I didn't understand your post the, "okay good enough" post.Oh and please try to be unbiased when posting your article, it's amazing how many people come hear to learn, and it is important to give them factual information so that they make make there own conclusions.

Have fun with your new toy!

I own an XD40 and a P-40 so I'm use to the comments and the funny looks at the range. But like I said , the best gun is the one you are most comfortable and proficient with.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got my P-11 today. :lol: #A0xxx. Is this a new batch or one that has been sitting in a warehouse for a while?

I traded my Taurus 38 in on it. The dealer gave me $10 more for my gun and nocked $10 off the sale price of the P-11 after I agreed to buy it. Even with supply and demand in his favor, he closed the deal on a positive note.

Thanks for the info guys.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

marlin336 said:
I got my P-11 today. :lol: #A0xxx. Is this a new batch or one that has been sitting in a warehouse for a while?
It's fairly new because of the new alpha style, homeland security department approved serial number which Kel-Tec only started using within that past 6-8 months or so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not trying to start anything here, I'm just trying to open some minds. Alot of people form opinions because of what they heard, rather than trying something and learning about something on their own. Anyway, us gun owners have too many other issues to deal with other than arguing over who's gun is better. Education is the key to everything! Hope I haven't offended anyone with my posts, just trying to have some friendly debates.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re:

tater77 said:
Hope I haven't offended anyone with my posts, just trying to have some friendly debates.
I don't want to debate...just too tired after debating politics on the high road for two days...but I welcome you to the range, friend tater. :)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts