Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I sent in my P3AT barrel because it had severe tool chatter/abberations throughout.Today I get the replacement barrel.The replacement barrel is WORSE then the one I sent in to be replaced!

Do these people even look at the one's they are replacing?

I'm going to try this one more time,if I get the same results I'm going to burn this pistol in my fireplace.

UNFLIPPIN'BELEIVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
J.D.,
Any chance you could post a pic of your bore?
Midi's right... these are sure NOT match-grade puppies... as long as the rifling spins the bullet fast enough it's generally considered acceptable.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Don't burn it --just PM me and I'll email you an address to ship it to so your suffering will be relieved! And, it will be in a new loving home...

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
To be fair, I have seen ONE guy post about a barrel that obviously suffered from severe tooling chatter while being reamed... it was a bloody mess and it was taken care of very quickly by Kel-Tec... but it was an isolated incident. Without seeing a picture, it's impossible to tell... but like I said, if you're compaing it to a Glock or a decent 1911 barrel... there's a visible world of difference. Come to think of it... it was YOU... back about 2 months ago. Why did you wait 2 months to get this taken care of? You claim you made arrangements with Kel-Tec to send you a new barrel on March 4th. What's up here?

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=747

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dang, Midi -- you should change your handle to BSDetector or Bloodhound or something like that. Your ability to sniff out a load of bull is uncanny!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re:

Midiman said:
. Come to think of it... it was YOU... back about 2 months ago. Why did you wait 2 months to get this taken care of? You claim you made arrangements with Kel-Tec to send you a new barrel on March 4th. What's up here?

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=747
I did e-mail them in early March.

Things happen.

I own a small trucking company(20 trucks),and one of my drivers was killed in a accident shortly after I contacted Kel-Tec about my barrel.

I had to get this man's remains back here,take care of his family and make dang sure the insurance I provide to my drivers free of charge is paid in a timely manner.

Not to mention taking care of my totaled truck and trailer...which was the last thing on my mind and which I am just now taking care of.

Also my user name is my real name...J.D. Locke,I believe Marty can vouch that I have sent in one barrel and recieved one back,which was worse then the one I sent in.

I then called and they sent me out another barrel,which is 99 times better then the other two,but still with some tooling marks.

BTW anybody that knows me at GlockTalk or from anywhere knows I'm a straight shooter,I BS nobody,I'm just straight up and I guess a little blunt,but thats the way I expect to be treated also.

And the reason I took so long to reply is I've been on the road myself filling in for one of my drivers who is having a few family problems...as you can see I never ask any of my drivers to do anything I wouldn't...I drove OTR for 18 years before starting my business,in this business a mans word will make or break you,and I can tell you I've been in business for a long time.

PS...I will try and snap a photo of the inside of the barrel with severe tool chatter.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My apologies to you, Mr. Locke. We get a little overzealous about sniffing out trolls. This board came about partly due to the inability of another Kel-Tec related board to control the troll population. Midi has raised troll-detecting to a new level of art, but it is an art, not a science. Sorry to hear about the various pieces of bad news.

KT has some of the best darn customer service out there by most all accounts.

As to the barrel -- I'm glad they got you a good barrel. Don't expect this to be an $800 Bar-Sto barrel, or anything resembling a match-grade barrel. The P3AT is strictly a defensive weapon, intended for defensive-range shooting. Every barrel I've seen has had some machining marks, and this includes P32s and P40s. Run a bit of steel wool thru the barrel on the end of a dowel rod when (if) you do a fluff 'n buff, and that's about as good as it's going to get. Of course, be sure to "break in" the barrel the right way -- with a lot of ammo!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No need to apologize.

Believe it or not I enjoy this pistol,it's becoming one of my favorites...

Thanks for all the info. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re:

Midiman said:
I still take exception to the title of your post. For that, you have to look at Sony Corp.
Sorry you feel that way.

But when I send a note w/the bad barrel explaining the problem,and then get one back thats at least twice as bad,that tells me nobody even bothered to take 5 seconds to look inside the replacement barrel.Seems like a waste of time and money on their part.No?

Well on that I'll agree to disagree with you.

But I will say they DID send another one quickly and this one is 99x better than the others.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
J.D.,
Um... you don't get it....
Midi spent MONTHS fighting Sony to get a piece of equipment to perform at least satisfactorily.
It was kinda a joke, ya see?
We tend to do that 'round here a lot.
Flyer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re:

Flyer said:
J.D.,
Um... you don't get it....
Midi spent MONTHS fighting Sony to get a piece of equipment to perform at least satisfactorily.
It was kinda a joke, ya see?
We tend to do that 'round here a lot.
Flyer
OK...

Although I've been here since March I don't visit much so I have no clue about his project with Sony.

My bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.