Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P-3AT was actually here... I held it in my hands for almost 30 seconds... before the dealer discovered the distributor had sent them one without a spent case as required by NY State law. The gun now has to go to a State Police facility for ballistic fingerprinting... the process could take several weeks... sometimes ya just can't win.

It's a nice new one tho... serial H1Txx

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dang midiman!
Sorry, I know that must bite! Hopefully it won’t take them to long.
I dislike waiting for things.
Tc, Cheryl
:wink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll send you one of my spent cases...just tell him he dropped it on the floor. Your whole ordeal is like some sort of bad dream!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is probably a stupid question... but couldn't the fool bureaucrat just fire one round from the pistol and keep the bloody case????

Keeping a man from his toys is just downright CRUEL.

=jeff

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re:

Gnemesis said:
This is probably a stupid question... but couldn't the fool bureaucrat just fire one round from the pistol and keep the bloody case????

Keeping a man from his toys is just downright CRUEL.

=jeff
Don't think for a second that I didn't suggest that... no... they have to be in special sealed containers of some type.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Gnemesis,
Great sig line
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H. L. MENCKEN
I like H.L. Mencken's:
Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another.
Of course there is the exception of my lovely wife. (saying that just proves the point, right?) :D

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re:

KeysBear said:
Gnemesis,
Great sig line
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H. L. MENCKEN
I like H.L. Mencken's:
Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another.
Of course there is the exception of my lovely wife. (saying that just proves the point, right?) :D

Regards, Keys 8)
Yep... the first time I saw that quote, it really resonated with me... Not PC, just true.

=jeff

·
Registered
59 Posts
Midi, I wouldn't worry. The same thing happened to a friend of mine when he bought a Glock. Only took 9 months to get it back. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
109 Posts
You seriously need to get the heck outta Dodge and move to a more gun friendly local!!

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two weeks later: the gun is still sitting on the dealers floor. To close to Christmas. To busy to run the thing out to Ray Brook for fingerprinting. Thinking about returning the thing to Kel-Tec for fingerprinting (I called them and was advised they can't and won't). Will TRY to get to it NEXT week... That will make it 1 month just sitting at the dealership.

I'm far to close to getting a lump of coal for Christmas.

·
Registered
243 Posts
That stinks---what are they going to tell you after Christmas, to close to New Years?

Dan

·
Registered
192 Posts
sounds like its time for a new dealer

·
Registered
109 Posts
Like I said. You need to get out of Hilary country!!
Move to Vermont and commute!!
Then, just have your sad [email protected]@ dealer ship it to the Vermont Dealer of your choice and "furgetaboutit"!!!
You wii also get to carry it!! :D

A bit convoluted, but it's a plan that provides a permanent solution!!

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re:

denfoote said:
Like I said. You need to get out of Hilary country!!
Move to Vermont and commute!!
Then, just have your sad [email protected]@ dealer ship it to the Vermont Dealer of your choice and "furgetaboutit"!!!
You wii also get to carry it!! :D

A bit convoluted, but it's a plan that provides a permanent solution!!
It's not that far fetched an idea. I can hit Vermont from my roof with an AR. If I move though, it won't be to another snow capped, frozen state... although... I find Maine quite appealing...

·
Registered
109 Posts
The reason I suggested Vermont is because of the good gun laws!! I think is just a smidgon better than the laws of NY!!

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re:

denfoote said:
The reason I suggested Vermont is because of the good gun laws!! I think is just a smidgon better than the laws of NY!!
That's the understatement of the year!

I'm told... I will have the gun sometime THIS week... we shall see. In any event, if you're following my pictorial adventures in Urban Survival in The Lounge... you'll see my chances of getting the thing anywhere near my range, which is located halfway up a mountain and is probably 4 times worse off than I am in the flatlands here, are close to zero for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Saddle up that Alpaca...she'll get you there!
Seriously, you really need a new dealer! Want to borrow my P3AT over Christmas?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Gott im Himmel!!!

Midi,
You really need to get out of there!!!
I just took a look at what happened to your car!!
We here in AZ open carry. We also can get a "must issue" CCW too!!
Here is a picture taken off my balcony!! 8)
ENJOY!!
BTW, I was wearing shorts and no shoes or shirt as I stepped out to take that!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts