Kel-Tec Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Strange you should mention Gopher...
I've got gophers digging my lawn to pieces.
I have absolutely no idea what to do about it. Every spring the yard looks like some imbecelic teenager planted cherry bombs a couple inches under the surface and ker-blooey! Instant crater.
This year, however, we've got so many racoons I'm hoping they'll organize a nocturnal gopher-hunt... my fingers are crossed.
Flyer

·
Registered
39 Posts
<<I've got gophers digging my lawn to pieces.
I have absolutely no idea what to do about it. Every spring the yard looks like some imbecelic teenager planted cherry bombs a couple inches under the surface and ker-blooey! Instant crater. >>

One of the great entertainments of my youth was watching my father's all out war on gophers. We lived in the Minnesota woods and he pushed a hand mower over 2 acres of hard won lawn each week.
He acquired these lethal looking spike drivers that theoretically would trigger if a gopher tunneled under them. (few ever did) :roll:
In a good year he might have killed one gopher and taught two dozen to avoid the spike killer. :wink:

You can kill them with gas but if your neighbors still have gophers you'll get a fresh supply in a few weeks.

I once read a story about a guy who was so determined to wipe out his colony that he poured large quantities of gas down all the holes he could find. When he lit it off several outbuildings went up in smoke.
I think Minnesota accepted defeat gracefully and became the Gopher State.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts