Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some of the attention to detail and quality of the lowly Daewoo...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Nothing wrong with the Daewoo -- I've got both the DP-51 and DH-40. Fine, reliable pistols. The "fast fire" feature is innovative and has been copied somewhat in pistols like the H&K USP Compact LEM and P2000. The Daewoo didn't seem to catch on here in the US....probably because the automobile's reputation tainted the gun buying public's view.

However, the Daewoo is the military issue weapon of the South Korean forces. Designed and built for combat in mind, it is a strong, relaible firearm with adequate accuracy. I think I paid around $250 for each one -- a bargain in my opinion!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Bigiron,

Man, you got THAT right! They have always been open for business.

CA

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep... ain't NOTHING wrong with the "lowly" Daewoo.
I dunno, but I believe the entire "cheap" myth began when they began importing the Daewoo military rifle... sort of a hybrid between an AK and AR, similiar to the Galil.
This is an EXCELLENT weapon and uses AR mags. At the time, they were selling for far less than an AR, or comparable rifle... and then the flood of AKs came in at a price just a bit lower.
Folks began thinking the rifles were roughly equivalent in quality simply because the price was similiar.
Boy, were they ever wrong!
Flyer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was the ROK Army tough...you bet it was! I was there in 1952/53 and was 17/18 years old. Wow...I'm much older than I feel!
Bullseye

I call myself Bullseye because I only have one good eye but
that's all I need to shoot ok with my 3AT.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like their 5.56's. They've taken the best features from the AK, AR, and FAL. Even the postban is ok if you get an Ace stock.

The coolest looking is the preban K1A1, a semi version of their sub.

(Image resized to 640 width by Midiman)

The postban DR-200 with Ace can be found for 6-7 hundred, well worth it.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The Grip screw bushings are kinda poorly mounted. I used Super Glue to keep em from backing out. I lightened the hammer spring and it is a great gun. Reasonable accuracy, and looks great. Going to have Jack do the slide and it will be a one of a kind gun. oh and don't put the safety on when the slide is off. The slide is the stop for the safety. The detent and spring will fly away! Had to search with my magnet all night for that darn thing...

G

·
The detent and spring will fly away! Had to search with my magnet all night for that darn thing...
Hence, we get back to the whole BBQ grill issue! We have come full circle grasshopper!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

norfdet893 said:
The detent and spring will fly away! Had to search with my magnet all night for that darn thing...
Hence, we get back to the whole BBQ grill issue! We have come full circle grasshopper!
Look unless you are a little old blind Chinese man don't call me Grasshopper..... until you have tried some of my BBQ Ribs from said BBQ grill! :wink: HEHE I like to take pictures there because the lighting is good and you can't see the rest of my property. The rest is not a pretty sight! BTW I am more mexican than red neck, but mom is from Upstate New York. Does that make me a Redish Brown Neck?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
neck

jeez, it makes you a bred neck! :D

G

·
how about a Wet Neck.... :wink: I saw your property in a few shots from other posts and it looks like you have one beautiful view across the street from you. I think it was the pic that you posted of your SU-16 resting on the railing of your deck. (Must have been pre-BBQ grill......lol)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

norfdet893 said:
how about a Wet Neck.... :wink: I saw your property in a few shots from other posts and it looks like you have one beautiful view across the street from you. I think it was the pic that you posted of your SU-16 resting on the railing of your deck. (Must have been pre-BBQ grill......lol)
HEHE now I thought that was funny but most of family would not have seen the humor! LOL You have a good memory for a Po Po. :wink: That was my SUB on the railing not the SU.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
wow

oh my gosh. how do you make yourself go indoors?

G

·
can you walk across the street and shoot? how about the ultimate ******* hunting experience, sitting on the front porch and shooting at small animals from your rocking chair!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

norfdet893 said:
can you walk across the street and shoot? how about the ultimate ******* hunting experience, sitting on the front porch and shooting at small animals from your rocking chair!
We used to be able to but there are houses with in the 1/4 mile now so it ain't legal any more. My uncle had a place out east of town that we used to shoot off the porch at. Remember one time we had his ex wife come screaming that she could not cook with all the gun fire.... we then had to move out to the front yard.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts