Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going through my safe today and happened onto a gun that I traded a cheap 1/4 diamond ring to a guy for.
It is a Taurus PT 92 AF 9mm para, it is one of the first ones they made I think serial no. L49*** I have 2 15 round magizines and 1 ramline mag. that holds 17 or 18 rounds, it is like new box and all, when I first got it I took off the wood grips and put on a pair of rubber grips.
Just feels weird to hold since I have gotten used to handling the smaller guns more, feels like a giant! big thick handle and 43/4 inch barrel. And to think at one time I thought about using it for a carry gun.
Glad I found the Kel-Tecs

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1911 style

Midi,

I know what you mean about the 1911 style pistols, I have two 1911 style 45acp's but the Taurus makes them even feel a little on the small size, I think the only thing bigger than the Taurus would probably be a Desert Eagle

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re: 1911 style

diamondmike said:
Midi,

I know what you mean about the 1911 style pistols, I have two 1911 style 45acp's but the Taurus makes them even feel a little on the small size, I think the only thing bigger than the Taurus would probably be a Desert Eagle
I dunno... mine's no compact. It's a full sized combat pistol... good for crushing skulls with if you have to.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The PT-92 is made in Brazil on real Beretta equipment, aqquired by Taurus after Beretta fulfilled their military commitment of 92 pistols... so, in essence, it's a "real" Beretta, though a copy of the very earliest 92s.
While the external dimensions are almost identical to the 1911, the difference in grip thickness, and thickness overall in fact, is huge.
The 1911 is MUCH easier to conceal, even with it's added weight. After April 8 and the receipt of my CCW, a 1911 is going with me everywhere under my left arm.
Flyer

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Flyer,

Your right! the best way to carry the 1911 is in a shoulder holster, Nothing can beat the knockdown power of the 45 less than a shotgun...

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know, somedtimes when I'm wearing cloths that allow it, I'll carry my 1911 in a fobus holster. The only times this is practical is winter time here in Michigan. Lots of nice bulky cloths on COLD,COLD days----

MD

·
Registered
285 Posts
1911s aren't afraid of the heat, so take 'em out in the summer too.

My SA Champion hides well IWB under just a t-shirt.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would have to agree about the PT 92 feeling like a giant gun.

When I first got my P-32 I took a picture of it next to my Taurus PT-92. Kind of a comparison photo to impress friends and family to how small the P32 is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts