Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an interesting October 2003 update to Jon H. Gutmacher's legal book "Florida Firearms - Law, Use, and Ownership".

http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/bookupdate.shtml

Reference to Page 49

According to Jon, "The Florida Concealed Weapons Permit covers only handguns, knives, billies, tear gas guns, and electric weapons that do not fire a projectile. Therefore, long guns (Sub2K), nun-chuks, throwing stars, chemical sprays, swords, hatchets, brass knuckles, etc. -- are not covered by your permit!"

So, I guess the Midiman "Quick Draw" for the Sub2K isn't legal here in gun friendly Florida. The way this reads, I can't even carry it around in the KT zippered case like a brief case or daily planner. Transport in a vehicle would be ok, because it would not be readily accessible.

I guess that Taser I was going to buy is out too....

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's a bummer. Kentucky law is more literal - weapons are weapons and we can carry concealed whatever we can otherwise own. (Assuming we have a permit.)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Yeah, I recall that my concealed weapons class instructor advised us that we couldn't just be running around town with a rifle or shotgun in the car. It seemed strange that the license would only cover handguns, but he made it very clear that you'd better be on your way to or from the range or a hunting trip if you had your long guns with you. Of course I keep my range bag in the van and feel like I'm always on my way to go shoot. I sneak off every chance I get. Yep, a SUB-2000 in a bag behind the seat would be very comforting, but I don't think it's a wise move for daily protection in Florida the way the law is worded. Please correct me if for some reason the SUB-2000 gets around this wording and is considered a fancy pistol.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Florida Concealed Weapons Permit covers only handguns, knives, billies, tear gas guns, and electric weapons that do not fire a projectile
In NC, a CCW applies ONLY to handguns. No knives, brass nuckles, etc....

Den

1 - 7 of 7 Posts