Kel-Tec Forum banner

Do you think this is a good modification?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heck NO! Dude your an insane fool that needs to loose your files!

• Yes that is a really great idea!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lot of 9mm Smith & Wesson style mags. A bunch for my P-11, some for my Deawoo, some for my SUB, and some for my Smith 59. Only the P-11 could use them all. I changed my SUB's grip to use all but the p-11 mags. It now accepts all other Smith mags from 12 rounders to 30 rounders. Here is the semi final product. I may fill in the gap still. The mags feed even better than stock because the ridges are now angled for enhanced insertion.

BTW if the moderators of this group would like to add this to the members only section for modification that would be cool. If is qualifies that is :oops:

·
Registered
315 Posts
good idea, I would just take put a radius on the bottom sharply cut pieces and you're ready to go! Does it affect your grip at all negativley, i.e. does your pinky now curl around the bottom?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:

Bulbman said:
Does it affect your grip at all negativley, i.e. does your pinky now curl around the bottom?
Yes. The good thing is even with the short grip the rifle is steady as you still have two more contact points. I looked at the original SUB-9 and it looks very similar. Here is a couple pics with dif mags.

·
Registered
315 Posts
wow your fingernails are a lot cleaner than mine, maybe I should wear gloves when I'm workin on the car :lol:

it would be kinda cool if you were able to put some sort of plastic or rubber pinky rest on the longer mags, maybe it would be a bit more comfy then (slip on or something), cause with my fat fingers, I might get pinched if the mag moves around a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts