Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good, bad, and the ugly.
Wondering I could get some opinions on the high cap 15, and above capacity Beretta mags. The good ones, and the ones to not waste your money on.
Thanks.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Factory Beretta mags. If you need hi-caps (15 rounders) expect to pay $70 or so.
After market mags are okay to use for the range, but for serious purpose I recommend ONLY the Beretta mags... NO aftermarket ones.
Flyer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LEO mags

Thanks Flyer.
I have recently received an offer to buy two Taurus 15rd mags, and two LEO's NIB for the same price. Which would you rather have, and your opinion on possible problems owning LEO mags?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LEO mags

And the answer is NO.
Even though the LEO's I have talked to could care less. It only takes one hard ass to bust your ass.
I'm friends with the Sheriff in my area well enough to offer him a couple Leo mags a couple of years ago. His department doesn't use 92's.
Your opinion is appreciated. Much Thanks.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Unless you ARE a Leo you've got no business with Leo mags.
This is, of course, stupid.
But, the markings on the side usually read "For Law Enforcement or Military Use Only".
Hopefully this September those mags will become relics of a politically sick age.
They're sure not going to be in MY personal museum, however.
Taurus mags will work O.K., since they're made on actual, though aging, Beretta machinery.
I'd still prefer factory Beretta.
Flyer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 2 Italian Beretta hicaps. One for my Beretta, one for my Sub2k, and a Taurus backup for each. That will work for me.
Any 30 round mags. that you would recommend, or ones to stay away from?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Pretty much the same with 30+ rounders, actually.
It's tough to find them for the Beretta, anyhow, unless you manage to find some for the M-93 automatic version.
In the end it's just find the magazine that works best in your gun, I guess, and remember that you can always replace the aftermarket followers with genuine Beretta ones; sometimes this helps things tremendously.
Flyer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.