Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has come up before, I tried searching but could not find a thread regarding it. Anyway, I've recently purchased a SUB-2000 Gen 2 in 9mm, yet Kel-Tec will swap out the 9mm hardware, barrel, etc. for a small fee to the larger round. I've looked up most any kind of video/article regarding the two, yet cannot come to a decision on whether to keep it 9mm, or to upsize to the .40cal. I have no other 9mm guns in my collection, yet a few .40cal (if that makes a difference). If anyone has any info, or an opinion, please feel free to post a reply. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Me personally, I have never owned a firearm in .40 caliber and never will. The ammo for it is too hard to find where as 9mm ammo can be found almost any where. The fbi, fools big idiots tried the .40 and decided it was no better than the 9mm. Your mileage may vary but I will never own a firearm in .40 caliber.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me personally, I have never owned a firearm in .40 caliber and never will. The ammo for it is too hard to find where as 9mm ammo can be found almost any where. The fbi, fools big idiots tried the .40 and decided it was no better than the 9mm. Your mileage may vary but I will never own a firearm in .40 caliber.
Thanks for reply. Not enamored with 40 cal but have a ton of ammo bought at the right time, if that can sway me ? Still don't know..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I were you, and I am not, I would sell off the .40 ammo for a profit due to the panic buying going on right now and buy sometihing else more to your liking.
Initially I wanted 40 cal to go w/ existing pistols and ammo that I had bought @ pre panic prices. For several reasons have commited my self to 40. - balistics very close but think heavier 40 edges 9 out.. Anyway going to have Kel-tec convert and appreiciate your comments. Maybe I'll buy another 9mil ? you know where 40 cal ammo is if needed. thanks again.
B329

·
Registered
13 Posts
Initially I wanted 40 cal to go w/ existing pistols and ammo that I had bought @ pre panic prices. For several reasons have commited my self to 40. - balistics very close but think heavier 40 edges 9 out.. Anyway going to have Kel-tec convert and appreiciate your comments. Maybe I'll buy another 9mil ? you know where 40 cal ammo is if needed. thanks again.
B329
Are you looking to kill, or enjoy the reduced recoil and cheaper available ammo?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just do it...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would not be sorry. If it works for you that is all that matters even though it might would not have worked for others.
End of story- went w/ 40 -- had too much Cheap ammo invested in 40 cal.- have 2 other 40's - so thats it-- hope i made right choice . Thanks for all the input.
Bob329

·
Registered
2 Posts
After reading this thread, I got interested in the 9 to 40 swap. Sent my used 9mm Kel-Tek and got back a new 40 cal one in about 2 weeks from the day I sent it in. After installing all the Mcarbo hardware bits back in the rifle plus Kaw Valley linear compensator, I headed to the range.
WOW! Gun is quieter, smoother, and hits the steel gong with a "crispier" sound. The gun is better in every way! I brought 200 rounds of 40 to the range, thinking I would also practice with my Glock 23(not a fan but one must be proficient with every gun you own, otherwise, why own it in the first place). Well, that G23 never left the holster! I just couldn't get enough of how awesome the rifle has become!
With all this "hating on 40" bull going on, people are missing out on what I am now convinced is the best Sub2K rifle. The best and cheapest(only $40) upgrade you can do to your 9mm Sub2K is 40 cal conversion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After reading this thread, I got interested in the 9 to 40 swap. Sent my used 9mm Kel-Tek and got back a new 40 cal one in about 2 weeks from the day I sent it in. After installing all the Mcarbo hardware bits back in the rifle plus Kaw Valley linear compensator, I headed to the range.
WOW! Gun is quieter, smoother, and hits the steel gong with a "crispier" sound. The gun is better in every way! I brought 200 rounds of 40 to the range, thinking I would also practice with my Glock 23(not a fan but one must be proficient with every gun you own, otherwise, why own it in the first place). Well, that G23 never left the holster! I just couldn't get enough of how awesome the rifle has become!
With all this "hating on 40" bull going on, people are missing out on what I am now convinced is the best Sub2K rifle. The best and cheapest(only $40) upgrade you can do to your 9mm Sub2K is 40 cal conversion.

Love my Glock23 Version Sub2000. Also have a CAA MCK conversion for a glock27 that is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts

Love my Glock23 Version Sub2000. Also have a CAA MCK conversion for a glock27 that is fun.

I've got the same set up on my 9mm. Scope is attached directly, since I don't want to fold the rifle, high enough not to cowitness. Same linear compensator, except in silver. The forward mag holder is where my triangular forward grip fits. May have to see if I can attach both, though your's seems to satisfy both functions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the same set up on my 9mm. Scope is attached directly, since I don't want to fold the rifle, high enough not to cowitness. Same linear compensator, except in silver. The forward mag holder is where my triangular forward grip fits. May have to see if I can attach both, though your's seems to satisfy both functions.
The mag holder/forward grip is made by Recover Tactical. I like it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sammy-Appreciate your reply- only found it today 10/12/2021 thanks you B329

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank Sammy--Needed that positive reinforcment against the pro 9mil excuse my spelling you are dealing with an old fart----
but a smart old fart..
Story over-delima solved for me at least for now. Please delete question as it it taking up space..Thanks to all that replies. Bob329

1 - 20 of 24 Posts