Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have to crank their front sight as far as it will go to the right just to keep it on the paper? Or get FTF's (failure to feed) where the bullet gets set back considerably?

I love my P32 and P3AT, but after shooting the Sub2000 it went right back in the box. Not even into the safe! I know some folks have had to tinker with their KT pistols to get them up to par (not me), but I have heard little about the rifles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Mine shot exactly point of aim at 50 meters right out of the box. So I have never adjusted them.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
CompanyMan,
Don't worry... yours is a legit problem. We hope you get your Sub running up to speed, or if not, find another carbine that works for ya!
One idea for a great carbine at a low price is the Hi-Point. It's priced LOW - I live near the factory, and can get a new one for about $119.
They may be ugly, but they're fun, accurate, and work with 100% reliability!
True, they're not as versatile as the Sub... but for the price, they're the only game in town! 8)
Flyer

G

·
I happened to get my hands on a Sub-2000 (Glock mag configuration) yesterday. Maybe it was just me but it appeared that the feed ramp is misaligned when you break it in half and look at the barrel. Is this normal? It also had a "horrible" charging handle and spring. Do these rifles break in and get better? I like the size, the feel and the fact that it uses pistol mags but it seems "tight".

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Company Man,

I replied to another of your posts. No need to apologize....you're post is right on target (even though your Sub2K isn't! :mrgreen: ). We don't walk on eggshells at the KTrange. Also, it seems that Midiman is aware of similar problems with other Sub2Ks with misaligned sites -- your's sounds like it might be one.

Call KT and see if they can replace the front sight for you. Not sure if it is a user-fix, like replacing the sight blade -- or require a trip to the factory to replace the entire front sight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, the whole front sight tower needs to be cranked clockwise a degee or two (five?).

The other issue is the FTF's. I have the metal clip insert in the ejection port, so it's not that. But in at least every other mag (used a lot of factory GLOCK mags, so that's not the issue) a round would not go into battery, and when I cleared the jam the round would not be suitable for rechambering, it was violently set back (no need to measure the case, this was obvious to the naked eye).

I don't "need" another carbine, Ive got a couple of really cool AR's. I just liked the idea of mag interchangeability with my .40 GLOCKs (the G35 is my favorite), and I was suitably impressed with my P32(s)(had two, sold 1 when I bought my P3AT) that I figured I'd give KT another try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
companyman- i belive that the front site is not a do it yourself fix.I think its epoxied on. I remember a few posts on the other board that delt with this and the people had to send them to Kel-Tec.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
They will probably replace the entire front half of the gun, test shoot it to make sure the new barrel and sight are aligned and send it back to you (probably with up to $20 of your shipping cost reimbursed).

·
Registered
35 Posts
My sites are dead on right out of the box. I'm not going anywhere near that adjusting screw! :D

Den

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a FTF problem with mine as well, but it seems that the feed ramp is worn. I have a new one on the way.

The front site was made of black plastic on mine, looks like someone wittled it out of a piece of ABS. New windage screws are being sent as well.

Kel-Tec seems to have really good customer service. This is the first Kel-Tec I have owned and was not hapy with it at all after my second outing with it. We will see what happens.

Jeff

BTW mine uses S&W 59 mags.

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1350

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I asked them about it they told me it should be orange (front sight). They are sending me all the parts. The windage screw was flattened on one side and would cause the home made sight to twist. That and the fact there was only a dimple in each side made evelation changes impossible.

I bought it from a pawn shop for $140 cash and it was in excellent condition. Looked as though only a few boxes had been shot through it. And it only looked as if it had been folded a few times. Hopfully the new feed ramp will fix the problem. Upon further inspection it looks as if there has been a little scraped off at a time and has basically lowered the feed ramp.

I am going to do a search for Fluff and Buff (my guess is smoothing the action barrel feed ramp and such). I'll try that too.

If a new feed ramp doesn't fix the problem then I will make one out of something else.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

norfdet893 said:
Maybe it was just me but it appeared that the feed ramp is misaligned when you break it in half and look at the barrel. Is this normal? It also had a "horrible" charging handle and spring. Do these rifles break in and get better? I like the size, the feel and the fact that it uses pistol mags but it seems "tight".
Hey Norf they do break in. The spring gets a little lighter, and the trigger is much better after a few rounds. My Sub has settled in real nice. Crisp clean break on the trigger. Nice tight lock up after unfolding it. Super accurate. I love my SUB.... Hey I feel a bumper sticker coming on.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got sidetracked with some other stuff, forgot all about this. Man this place has grown. Anyway, I called KT and they said just send it in with a write up of what's wrong.

They said UPS, but I thought you were allowed to send a long arm USPS to a manufacturer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They look good, but I would have to send it in for the FTF issue anyway. Having a very nice, properly zeroed set of sights 'aint going to get it out of the safe if it still won't feed a 4 15 rounders in a row without a clearance drill.

Perhaps when I get it back, if you have any left.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts