Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new kid on the board, after lurking for a few weeks, and have seen a few SU-16 pictures here and there, but no one thread where they can be found. Why not?!?! Well, here we go! This is MY rifle...the first Kel Tec in my safe, and likely not the last one. I just got it about a week ago, have put about 100-150 rounds through it, and LOVE it! The scope on it is a Bushnell 1x30 red dot, with 4 different recticles. IMO, it looks like it just belongs there, but maybe I'm a little biased. :D The case IIRC, is a "Bob Allen" brand, scoped rifle case, size small. As you can see, it fits perfectly in there, only about an inch play end to end. Well, the rest of you, show your rifles!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nice shots!
Also a nice set-up...
I've gone through quite a few scopes on mine, and right now it's wearing a Bushnell Holo-sight... good accuracy and fast aquisition!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
OK, I'm game....

Here's mine with the ATN Ultra Sight Digital installed.

PS for Midi: No wife or girlfriend to worry about, but I did decide to put the table cover on... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd post pics of mine... except it's still on lay-a-way..... :oops:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Flyer! took me about 20 mins in GIMP to do that. Gotta love those Holo-sights though, if you don't mind the cost. I did, so I went a step down.

I don't think I need to worry about any of 'dem girls' getting upset about the table; as norfdet noticed, it's a cheapie folding card table (though new). And, I took the pictures at work, where I'm sure they'll get worse treatment when we host LAN's, than the little use I gave them for the pics. ;)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
mlindholm,
Actually the ATN Digital isn't a Holo-Sight...
The only true Holographic sight system for us civvies is made by Bushnell. You can get one from Cabelas. The other sights like the ATN are great, but the reticle image is generated by a standard red Led... with the Holo-Sight it's an actual laser scribing the reticle, which makes it stand out sharp as a tack, and visible in very bright light...
This is the one I've got on mine right now... I'd post another pic of my rifle but I'm not at home right now...

A bit pricey at $279, but worth every cent.
HoloSight
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Why did you remover the other sight Flyer? I think it was a Ziess? Or some other high end Red Dot. I think I will look into one of them there Bushies they look nice.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, it was a Zeiss Z-Sight system...
I mainly put the Holosight back on cause... well...
That Z-Sight's too danged expensive to risk for a rough and tumble "Sport" rifle! I'm sort of considering it an investment at this point.
IF you have the money, I still recommend it over ANYTHING else... it not only turns itself on, it adjust automatically to lighting, has a solar panel that powers it during daylight hours so battery life is measured in years, is the smallest sight of it's kind out there, and snaps on and off with no problem at all - holding it's zero perfectly.
The Zeiss is in reserve in my AR Get Outta Dodge bag... in case I ever need a HUD type sight for it. (I prefer iron sights on ARs).

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Bushnell is made by EOTech which you can find on the web at under $250 for the standard model 500. For example, go to http://www.copsplus.com/.

I have an EOTech 511-A65 with protective shroud I got from G&R Tactical for $270 plus tax (were in the same State unfortunately) and 7$ shipping. I notice thought that all sights are on backorder and the price for the 511-A65 Rev F is now $299. My guess the heavy demand from LEO and Military has created a shortage.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was just wondering if Gun_Nut_2k1 was gonna show up and post a picture on his grill.... got a nice laugh off that one! These really are the first pics i have seen of the SU. Im gonna get one( my wife just said,"no you're not :oops: !"). we'll see.....

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I updated my Recoil Reducer. Added more anchor points, polished the thing, smoothed the ridges flat, and enlarged the expansion chamber. I then updated the pic. Comments? Even negative ones? :lol:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.