Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much waiting, some frsutration in searching, and assistance from Flyer -- I now have my brand new SU-16 serial number N007x in hand! :D It's getting an ATN digital red dot sight with 5 rectiles and I picked up a couple of aluminum 30-round mags (not sure if they are any good -- mfg. by Kay Industries, New Britain, Conn) for $20.

I post some pics and a range report when I get back from Kitty Hawk.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
frsutration? FRSUTRATION???? What the heck do YOU know about frsutration? I'm carrying an EMPTY P-3AT KD holster!!

You sure those mags aren't made by Okay? I have several. They're good USGI mags. I usually strip out the black plastic followers and replace them with the green followers with the longer, anti-tilt tangs on em. Stay away from the pink Mary Kay mags. Find some nice Winchester Q3131a .223 ammo (made in Israel) and have fun. Be sure to send me all your spent brass. I like that particular flavor of brass for reloading my match ammo.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, frustration!

I guess they are O-Kay mags....I see a circle kind of surrounding the Kay. They do have the black followers...I'll give them a try and swap out to green when I can.

You can have my brass....all my brass (at least that which is easy to find and pick up after a range session)....all calibers...if you want to pay the shipping. I don't reload (no time). I'd rather see someone use it than just let it get ground into the dirt under foot.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
frsutration? FRSUTRATION???? What the heck do YOU know about frsutration? I'm carrying an EMPTY P-3AT KD holster!!
Midi,
Hey, look on the bright side!!! (Let me know what it is when ya find it...)
Stay away from the pink Mary Kay mags.
NOW ya tell me!!! 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have been saving my Current manufacture Win brass for reloading, but have been tossing the Mil Crimp Win stuff. You want it in the future Midi? Just pay shipping and it is yours. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
How much did you pay for it?

My local shop is supposedly getting one in a week or so but isn't sure on the price yet. He was saying probably msrp which is 640.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

MikeG22 said:
How much did you pay for it?

My local shop is supposedly getting one in a week or so but isn't sure on the price yet. He was saying probably msrp which is 640.
WOW! That is way way to much. About $140 to much IMHO. I paid $499 and it was marked up as it was the first and only one they had :shock:

·
Registered
32 Posts
well, stopped by today and they got it in stock now. 599 is the price. I wonder if I should take the time to deal with finding it out of state and having it sent to an ffl here and then getting it...or just buying it here in state. Hmmmmmmm

Also, for those that have them when you have the frontend/bipod down does it allow you to wiggle side to side when on the bipod? I was thinking it was going to be much tighter and more solid with it down. Anyone noticed problems with that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine wiggles, but it is not a problem when shooting. To tell the truth, I thought they were supposed to have play so you could shoot them off uneven surfaces.

But hey what do I know? :wink:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My by pod is quit movable as well. I think it is a design trait. Not some thing to worry bout. (...mutter mutter that still seems to much money for it but....mutter mutter) :roll:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Bipod \"wiggle\"

The bi-pod is designed to "wiggle" a total of 14 degrees (7 degrees each way) if you look at the gas block on the rifle you will be able to see the angled cuts. This "wiggle" allows you to shoot on an angled surface ( like the side of a hill) and still keep the rifle vertical.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Once I shot it with the bipod down it all made sense.

KTWM, do you work for Kel-Tec? Just curious when we'll see more of them in the gunshops, I think I'm the only one with one in California right now and I've had quite a few people asking how to get one or even offering to buy mine. They are really going to sell like mad here and I've just told people that production was just ramping up and hopefully we'll start seeing more soon...that sound about right?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
MikeG22,
Yep, KTWM does work for KT.
Let's not swamp with too many questions, though... that's what made Ktog pretty much insufferable for Marty!
We've promised we're not going to allow that here, so let's all keep that in mind!
Nothing wrong with questions like yours... it's just the "Hey, can you give me the latest info and scoop on new products" type questions we need to avoid!
Flyer

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks Flyer, I think you hit the nail on the head. I do work for Kel-Tec. I am not a gunsmith but work on the manufacturing aspect. My area of expertise is the SU-16 but i am also familiar with the pistols and the Sub2K (which i also own).

I was not sure if i should post on this Bulletin Board for the reasons you mentioned. Although I do work for Kel-Tec I am posting on this Bulletin Board as an individual and not as an official representative of Kel-Tec. If Kel-Tec has something official to say it will be posted on the website. I will be glad to answer questions that i can but there will be stuff i cannot discuss.

MikeG22:
I believe you are the only one in California with an SU-16. As far as i know Kel-Tec does not sell any guns to California. Consider yourself very lucky.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I'd like to welcome several members of the Kel-Tec team who have joined recently and express my appreciation for your interest and any help/insight you care to share with our membership.

I'd also like to echo Flyer's sentiment on not having our members swamp you with technical questions or personal support issues. Kel-Tec has their own website and several phone numbers for that purpose.

This was one of the reasons that various people simply vanished from some "other" sites. Keep that in mind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts