Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?:

I am interested in purchasing a Kel-tec SU-16 but have a few questions. I have reviewed the other items here, but am still a little confused.

Ammunition? Does the Wolf 223 ammo function properly in the su? I have seen reviews of other brands, but no wolf.
I am planning on using this rifle for target shooting only, so, I would be looking for cheaper ammo?

Magazines? what brands of magazines will function in the su? the information link stated Orlite, but I have seen 2 different versions of the orlite, one that will fit a bushmaster, and one that won't? will bushmaster mag's function?

included? how many magazines are included w/ the su? I haven't been able to determine that,

I realize that the mag question has been reviewed, but I don't want to buy the wrong mags.

thanks in advance for everyone's input and help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since I just got my SU-16 I can answer one of your questions. It comes with two 10 round magazines.

I'm sure others will answer the rest of your questions.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, Orlite mags are good 'cause they match the "look" of the SU, but aluminum GI mags are best.
Wolf ammo is steel-cased, and dirty. Couple that with the fact the SU bore isn't chrome-lined, and you'll have premature wear and a lot of unecessary gas system cleaning.
Use almost ANY other brand, in fact.
Flyer

·
Registered
32 Posts
40 round Whinchester value pack from walmart for 5.30 or so are a good deal and run very nicely in my SU. Also, PMC runs well if you get a deal on that too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx

thanks for the responses,
but which orlite mags, or is there no difference.
cheaper than dirt has 2 different listing, one that fits a bushmaster and one that doesn't

I'll stay away from the wolf, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts