Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to purchase a Star .380 with the Starvel finish but know nothing about the model. It appears to be in excellent condition and looks like a mini 1911. It was imported my Interarms. The only markings on the gun that I can find are a SS on the bottom by the magazine well. It comes with 1 mag. that is Starvel as well. The gun has an adjustable rear sight very similar to my Star 30M rear sight. Any info. or value information on this gun would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have a Star 45acp

I have a Star 45acp that I have had for about 25 years, I used to drive a taxi in Columbus Ohio back in the 80s and I carried that thing with me everywhere. If the 380 lives up to its big brother the 45 it is a good gun. I paid around $250 for the 45 about 25 years ago so if I was to guess the value I would say around $ 250 - $ 300 dollar mark. I would grade the quality of my Star to that of a LLama. I still shoot it now and then, the blue finish is worn off but the pearl grips still looks good.
Just to be safe I would call around some gun stores. Sorry I could not be of more help

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just happened to have my BlueBook (22nd edition) out when I logged on.

The best I can come up with is a "Super S", mfg 1946 - 1972, range is $240 for 100% to $120 for 60%. Add $30 for Starvel.

Good luck. Sounds like a desirable piece if the price is right.

BIGIRON

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may pass on this one he wants 225.00 plus tax and will not budge on the price. According to the Blue Book that is to high in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.