Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at what I got today. I thought my week was going crappy but ended quite nicely. There is no question where I will be at some point this weekend.

Anyway, the hubby came in asked me if I wanted to go look. We went to the gun shop had a good look at the gun. The hubby asked him if he was interested in some trading, he was.

So the hubby traded his canoe and a Taurus PT22 for MY MIL-SPEC. :love2:

$472.45 gun and tax
Canoe trade $250.00
Taurus PT22 $145.00

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tc, Cheryl
:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Nice gun... it says WWII Mil-Spec go I guess it is, but it looks like the GI version. The newer Springfield Mil-Spec is part of their "loaded" line and has a lowered ejection port opening and a beveled rear on the port. It also has taller sights... a beveled mag well and a stainless barrel...

You'll have fun with it... extremely accurate, not much recoil to speak of... and I love the SA trigger.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Way to go Cheryl!!! Now you're talking. That's the exact same model I'm making into a comp pistol for my son. GREAT gun.
After you shoot it you're gonna be impossible to live with for a week at least... a good excuse to just bring a tent and camp at the range.
I believe this is indeed a first.
How many people have ever traded a CANOE for a pistol???
8)
Flyer

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, it’s nice!

Midi, I don’t know if this has anything do with the differences’, but inside the box it says it was manufactured 8/03. I did notice on the Springfield site that the one more like mine is called the GI .45. And the newer MIL-SPEC is a little more fancy.

Flyer, that trade could be the reason he named it the trading post. I don’t know but I think the trade was in my favor. :p

Norf, I believe you could be right about some of the bass ackwards trading that happens.

Oh I broke it down last night. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. A bit tough to hold the guide rod, the gun and turn the barrel bushing. I think I am going to change the grips though. I've nosed around this site :twisted: http://www.gothammarketing.com/1911.htm .

Ok, everyone stop shaking their heads. lol

Well nothing much to report other than Maine weather is shifty. We got out at about 9am. Cold, cold, cold.... I emptied two mags and it started sprinkling, handed it off to the hubby to try and it starts snowing. We left. The gun is great but my shooting needs work.

Cold, rain, snow, sun, now 30mph winds. If you don’t like the weather stick around, it’ll change soon enough.

Hopefully we’ll get out next weekend.

Tc, Cheryl

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
MilSpec

Cheryl,
Now that you have joined the Military along with the rest of us with a SA MilSpec, you have to study the latest field manual on how to grip it, finger control, breathing, etc. The pistol is very concerned about those things and will only follow military orders. So here is a site to read while you wait for better weather. Congratulations!!

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/3-23.35/chap2.htm

Cheers,
og

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks OG.

We went out again today. Not so good, but not so bad. All the shots were on the paper. Nothing more practice won’t cure.

Roughly 20 feet away. UMC 230gr FMJ

Sweet gun!
Tc, Cheryl
Her Target

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hmmmmm,hmmmmm,hmmmm,hmmmm...... :roll:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Why do I get the suspicion that one HECK of a wild battle raged in the G33 and CherylT household last night and continued until this morning???
Where the Marines involved? Did anyone call S.W.A.T.? An ambulance? Even the Salvation Army?
I gotta say I fight to get new guns when I want 'em but this must've been a MOAB of "Family Discussion"! :shock:
Flyer

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flyer my friend, too funny! :D
Midi, you are special for more reasons than one, perhaps one of them is ‘cause you live in NY. And that’s how you got that fancy hard shell case. :wink:
Still giggling!
Tc, Cheryl

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cheryl,
Congrats!!! I just bought an old Ballester Rigaud .45 and I love it too! Damn that .45 ammo is great to shoot!
I envy your marriage and how the two of you operate...there is abviously a lot of caring and giving going on between the two of you. Blessing on you both!!!
Barry

·
Registered
285 Posts
WWII and GI model are the same guns by different names.

Mil-spec generally has many of the extras.

My Champion mil-spec came in Midi's blue box. My WWII GI came in Cheryl's cardboard box (but now it lives in a nice leather holster).

Maybe when I finally get my Micro Compact it will be in a different box.

·
Registered
44 Posts
strange hmm my box is green

i live in miss. one of the most gun-friendly states there are, and mine came in a form fitting green box. i wanted the cardboard box but didnt get it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts