Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who owns any of these fine guns? I bought an HS2000 before Sprinfield took over the importation of these firearms and re named them. This is my best shooter, I've had Express sights put on it (standard dot) and I'm waiting on a spring and guide rod upgrade from Wolff. I've put about 5000 rounds through this gun with hardly a hiccup. A bonus with the .9mm guns is that you can buy XD .40 S&W magazines, load them with .9mm and have legal hi-cap magazines!! Legal as long as you don't modify them and they can still be used in the .40 caliber XDs.
Many folks try to compare these guns with Glocks, I really don't think it's a fair comparison, about all I can see they have in common is that they're both polymer.
With the grip and trigger safety on these guns I find them as safe as any of my revolvers. The grip angle is more like a 1911 style grip which appeals to me more than the more angular grip of the Glock.
The HS2000 is available only in .9mm, the XD's come in .9mm, 357 Sig and .40 S&W. There is an XD subcompact in .9mm and I think the .40s are hitting the shelves now. Rumor has it that the XD will come out with a .45 next year. I will be first in line for that gun!!!
Anyway I really like my HS/XD, I encourage anyone looking to buy a good, safe, solid semi-auto at a reasonable price to check out this line of guns.
Anyone else shoot these guns??

bd

·
Registered
25 Posts
Never heard of an HS2000 so I did a google search.

Are you referring to the Black & Decker HS2000 Flavor Scenter
Steamer Plus Steamer and Food/Rice Cooker or Panasonic
PV-HS2000 Showstopper Digital TV Recorder or the HS 2000 Headspace Autosampler (the ideal companion for Thermo Finnigan gas chromatographs) or the "The Green One" HS2000 Hot-Shot Top-Of-The-Line 'Premium' cattle Prod?

Oh, wait, never mind, I think I found it on the third page of my google search: HS2000, a Czeck XD.

Now I get it. But unfortunately I have no experience with them, though I did enjoy the websearch :wink:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not Czech, it's Croatian. Whatever the difference is.

Cattle prod, huh? Sounds good, I could get the whole matching set goin'.

bd :wink:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I shot an IPSC Production match today and one of the guys had a pre-Springfield HS in 9mm. He did really well with no malfunctions. I had never seen one before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got A Gen1 HS2000. One great thing is that they will take S&W mags if you drill a mag catch. So my S&W hi cap Mec-gar mags works in all three. My sub2000, p-11 and my HS. It's good to know that the extra mag your carrying will work in your backup as well as your primary.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool Ed, mine's a Gen 2.

bd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts