Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P-32 came with just one mag. Now, on a gun that size I'm not likley to carry a spare (if I felt I had to, I'd probably be better off with my Glock 19 :twisted: ) but a spare would be nice for practice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess I also should have asked where I can order one over the web :oops:

·
Registered
345 Posts
The one mag that came with my P-3AT --- IS MY SPARE MAG ----, for my Kimber .45acp.... The old "New York Reload"....

Seriously if the P-3AT or P-32 were my primary firearm, then I might carry a spare mag for it.

Allan

·
Registered
31 Posts
SPARE MAG.

Get a spare mag and a spacer from k/t for h/p ammo. I have several spares and since these are my primary weapons I carry 2 guns and a couple of mag's. I know most of these weapons are relaible, but things have been known to break so I just carry a spare gun. Also "reloading" is much quicker by just pulling your other gun.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Shootist, your avatar owns. That's one of my favorite movies of all time. Brilliant acting, indie film that states life unordinary.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Grin - Thanks Charger01. Its really one of my favorite movies - especially the last shootout at the end.

If you like 1911's (as much as I do) you have to get "The Way of The Gun", where my Avatar came from.

The two "anti-hero's" coming through the door with 1911's at the ready - grin, classic!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
1911 lovers also need to take in "Last Man Standing" with Bruce Willis.
Fun fun fun!
Flyer

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd sell that piece of crap nu-western faster than Matrix:revolutions.
In fact, anyone that want my DVD, starting price- 5 bucks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Last Man Standing?

Its been gone over again and again on various gun boards... :twisted: ...but

Things about "Last Man Standing" that tweak 1911 owners
(including myself) seem to be the "bottomless mags" Willis carries and the fact that the 1911 is seen as a "death ray" (ie guys getting shot do double back flips over and over.

I like the actors and the story is cool and of course its a great showcase for the 1911, just seems the gunplay realism is a little too Hollyweird for me.

Not so "Way of the Gun"...the last gunfight seems nicely gritty and realistic (witness one of the protaganists doing a one handed re-load, pulling the mag out with his teeth and then slamming a fresh one home while the gun is held between his legs) - I could almost sympathize with that scene.

Although I admit, it seemed liked del Toro and his collegue also at times had the "bottomless mag syndrome" that afflicts Holllyweird sometimes.

James Caan using an SP 101 in the closing gunfight was a nice touch. Made me glad I owned one :p

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I know, I know, his guns don't run out of ammo, especially during the first gunfight when he's bodily lifting the bad guys off the floor with a wall of .45 slugs...
BUT...
Notice him loading about 20,000 magazines for the final confrontation, and -
I view movies as a form of Entertainment and give them a bit of poetic license, being in the entertainment business myself...
If I had to write my characters so that every SINGLE detail complied with it's real-world counterpoint my writing would be boring indeed.
Furthermore, having BEEN in a couple of gunfights... I've honestly had my share of reality on-screen, thanks.
Flyer

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gunfight?

So Flyer, are you going to keep us hanging? You've been in a couple of gunfights? Or is it something you don't talk about?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Folks who know me pretty well know my past history... not something I wish to discuss, really.
Flyer

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re:Gunfights

Nod....I can understand that. :oops:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts