Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small tool company and a small machine shop.

I have tinkered with the idea of fabricating a steel frame for my P3AT and adding a slide stop.

Anyone done this yet?

(Please no FFL flames, I know the law, and I am covered.)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I ain't gonna stop ya... I say go for it!
I wish I had my own shop... I've got access to a friend's for a couple of hours a week, but that's not enough to do more than a bit of tinkering.
I don't let that stop me, though... I've actually got a P-32 with a English Walnut grip! Lots of Dremeling and sanding... but it works!
Flyer

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont want to leave the impression that I am going to be the one flipping tools and switches. I leave that to the experts. I just try to make sure there is enough work and money in the bank to make payroll!

One of my mill operators tells me he can lay it out and mill the frame in half a day. I dont have a finishing facility so I will have my gunsmith parkerize it. Probably take a week once we find a slot in the schedule.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh hell yeah...GO for it!!
I for one can't wait to see how it comes out.

That Al frame is about the only thing I don't care for.

I realize it will very likely not wear out in my lifetime, but I just can't help being me......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Replacing the aluminum frame...

If you build one without that spring slot on the left side and a threaded hole and matching assembly pin, I'll buy the first one! I would really like to see that spring locked pin go away to be replaced by a pin with threads just under the head and a smooth shaft through the barrel and into the right side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Without detailing legalities, anything I have built will not be for sale.

But thanks for the offer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts