Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is a question maybe someone can help me with.... I recently purchased a smith and wesson .380 (yes i know they don't make them any more), . I however do not know how to take it apart to clean it, . Is there someone who could please tell me how to get my Smith and Wesson .380 apart?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had a SW9 once upon a time. Think it's probably the same as your 380.

To the best of my memory, sllide was removed by just a lift off at about 2/3 of full retraction. It seems that reassembly required a special tool furnished with the pistol.

Please don't take this as hard fact -- I've handled a few pistols since I had that one.

BTW - that wasn't a bad piece for the money. Just had to realize that it, like the KT wasn't meant to be a tack driving 20,000 round range gun.

BIGIRON

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no there is no slide stop on the s&w .380. Bigiron i was looking more closely and i think you may be right. If so i will have to see if smith and wesson can furnish me with the tool for re-assembly. am going to call them tomorrow just so see for sure what they say about it.. also would like to thank everyone for the fast responses.

·
Registered
23 Posts
S&W 380

I recently to bought a discontinued Colt Mustang 380. I called Colt and they sent me the manual for free in less then a week. I'm sure if you call S&W they will send you one .

·
Registered
345 Posts
EDIT-- In looking closer at the link below it appears the manual is for the 9mm not the .380. IIRC the .380 had a funky way of removing the magazine, whereas the manual in the link shows a gun with a more conventional mag release... Still a great site, but may not have what you're looking for. Sorry

---------------------------------------------

< http://www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/Sigma.pdf > has the owners manual for the Sigma pistols. OBTW biggerhammer has the manuals for most common firearms listed...

Bookmark it. The site is great.

Allan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.