Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Smartcarry Tuesday. Nobody can tell you are packing.

The way it works is it placed under your clothes. Once you have figured the proper way to wear, You hardly notice that it is in place. I have carried the p3at all over the place since then. I also tried it with a couple of guns I have. The straps need to be on your hips and it needs to be directly of the knowyouwhats for it to be effective. I have asked several people could they tell and nobody has been able to spot it.

Since it's spring and warming up again, a lot of Floridians will be shedding their guns because of the heat. Think about the smartcarry.!!

www.smartcarry.com

G

·
ok, not to be smart or funny but how does wearing this affect you if you had to use a public restroom? bearing in mind that for guys it might be easier than a woman....and since there are women on this forum they might be interested as well. i take it it's not like a fany pack that can be slid out of the way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Smart Carry wear

I'm wearing a ThunderWear holster with my P3AT and spare mag right now, under jeans. And under slacks at work all day today too.

I have found that wearing it off center, over my left thigh is much better than directly in front. It actually rides in such a way that I can use the urinal without adjusting anything. The butt of the gun is just slightly to the left of my fly. I also carry my wallet in my left front pocket. The holster hides behind it and makes NO imprint on any of the clothes I wear every day.

So try moving it over to the left instead of directly in front. You might find it more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Somehow I don't fancy removing my pants to get to my... uh... weapon, yeah, that's it... in a defensive situation. I just broke a 30 year tradition and bought a pair of Levis cargo pants rather than my traditional 505s... lots of pockets... can carry many guns... don't have to remove my trousers to get to any of them.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
just broke a 30 year tradition and bought a pair of Levis cargo pants rather than my traditional 505s... lots of pockets... can carry many guns...
Oh my Goodness!!!
Next you can do what I do when I buy new jeans...
Every other pair is black, instead of blue.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can move it out of the way if you have to. After you figure it how to wear it, you somewhat forget its there. And I have no black jeans

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yeah, most gun nuts don't...
But when you're a Babe Magnet like me you gotta be fashion conscious.
Flyer

·
Registered
224 Posts
I once carried my Hi-Point .40 in my SmartCarry...a most interesting experience!
Barry

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have tried lots of carry methods and I like the Smartcarry for times when nothing else works. It also lets you carry a reload in the side pocket.

As for the bathroom -- its actually addressed on their site. For standing it just pushes to the side, for sitting it has to be slid up onto your torso.

The draw is not that hard and doesn't require removing your pants -- but is easier if you don't have a big spare tire in the way. :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Practice, Practice, Practice.

Thats what Ive been doing with the smartcarry. And if the clothes are skin tight its not going work very well. You have to have a little room in the pants for it to work well. Most of the time I try to buy pants a little bigger since I started carrying last year.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Ya know, some things NEVER go out of style...
I've never posted a pic of myself in a "relaxed", at home setting...
As I type this, however, I'm wearing a buckskin shirt, I have a medicine bag around my neck, and a beaded headband on. Not to mention the moccasins on my feet.
Does that go WAAAY back, or what???
Flyer

·
Registered
224 Posts
one word of warning! If you're carrying a .45 in that Smartcarry DO NOT jump onto your Harley...future generations may be affected. Take this as gospel from an old Harley guy who learned a whole new meaning of pain.
Barry

·
Registered
519 Posts
angebar,
i cringed when i read that. i feel your pain.

do they make a smart carry for a colt buntline 16"? :roll:
i can imagine walking on the beach with a gun barrel hanging out of my swim trunks leg.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts