Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i contacted kel-tec re: slide swap for a parkerized slide. although they don't have any at present time, when some are available the cost will be $15.00. what a deal! :D

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
slap my hands. the p11 :oops:

·
Registered
467 Posts
$15.00 slide swap

byron,

Does that $15.00 enclude, Shipping and Handling charges, Ammo and range time to make sure the gun is still reliable after you put on the new slide??

$800 Box

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shazam, i forgot to ask. let me get back to you.............. :?

·
Registered
467 Posts
WTF

My point is! $15.00 for a slide swap is not bad!, BUT! figure atleast $7.00 for shipping and handling, putting a new slide on makes it for the most part a new gun that will need broke in and test fired to be sure it is reliable!, so figure $30.00 for ammo, price of range to shoot $15.00.

Now that $15.00 slide swap cost a total of $62.00

$800 Box

·
Registered
190 Posts
Shipping is $3.85. If I'm not mistaken, return is paid by KT (that's why you should order a bunch of stuff at the same time). "Breakin"on a slide and barrel and verify sights won't take me more that two mags, which I'm probably going to shoot anyway.

The only down side to this deal is the time without your pistola.

BIGIRON

G

·
The only down side to this deal is the time without your pistola
Not to mention for those of us who have spent the time on a F&B and/or replaced springs with Wolff springs. I would like to have a chromed slide but I am not sure if I want to spend the time again getting a gun smoothed out by doing another F&B. Although mine does have some pitting marks and is somewhat ugly but damm it shoots nice. Maybe after my P40 gets here and is up and running will be the time to swap out the P11.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't want to get into a "what's the best truck, Ford or Chevy" type deal, but there's little reason not to do it. All you send KT is the top end, not the entire pistol. You can put your stock springs in before you ship and then put your aftermarket springs in when you reassemble (I'm not sure if I even sent springs when I sent mine). F&B on the top end should take 15 or 20 minutes.

But then again, you don't fix what ain't broke.

BIGIRON

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
swap

according to yz's thread, you only return your slide and bbl. seems there would minimal work, maybe sanding rails, to attain same condition as prior to swap.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re: WTF

diamondmike said:
My point is! $15.00 for a slide swap is not bad!, BUT! figure atleast $7.00 for shipping and handling, putting a new slide on makes it for the most part a new gun that will need broke in and test fired to be sure it is reliable!, so figure $30.00 for ammo, price of range to shoot $15.00.

Now that $15.00 slide swap cost a total of $62.00

$800 Box
So I shouldn't buy any new guns cause I might have to pay tax or shipping, break them in, buy ammo for them and pay my gun club membership? What medications have your doctors started you on recently (or which have you stopped taking)?

·
Registered
122 Posts
So I shouldn't buy any new guns cause I might have to pay tax or
Probably not a big factor but still a factor...for those on the fence.

·
Registered
467 Posts
New gun

I would just buy a new gun with the finish that I wanted and keep the one I had rather than sent off!

You can never go wrong if you buy a gun it is a very good investment!

$800 Box

·
Registered
467 Posts
Guns

All guns go up in price! in fact byron was just saying not long ago that Gander Mountain has raised their price up from $184 to over $200 dollars.

$800 Box

·
Registered
153 Posts
Which do you think is better?

Which is a better for wear and use on a p11, getting a HC from KT or getting the slide Nickle plated by JacK F.? Looking at the pictures the Nickle plating looks better and from what Midi said if you get a new HC from KT you have to break it in and do the F&B and spend the time on the range breaking it in with ammo. It looks like the price of both are then about equal.
I am undecided and would like your all's opinions.
thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.