Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my PF9 brand new, after 2nd round I had consistant FTE problems. send barrel and slide back to KelTec and recieved new barrel and slide yesterday. went out this am with the gun and when I rack the slide it does not go completely forward. When I did finally get it to go forward it would get hung up again after every shot. slide goes foward and stops about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch from the end and I have to hit the back of the slide for it to go all the way. I have tried different ammo to no avail. any suggestions or help before I send the whole gun back to KelTec? Much appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
just a guess here but are you sure the disassembly pin is installed correctly? Sometimes you have to jiggle the gun a bit in order to hit the mark. How does the slide close on on empty chamber, i.e. with the slide locked back, and the mag removed, when releasing the slide does it go fully into battery?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sounds like it just needs to break in...the end of the round is hanging on the feed ramp...usually this goes away after 50-200 rounds.

Or you could speed up the break in process by polishing the feed ramp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
there was a guy on another kel-tec forum that had a problem of not enough material being machined out of the slide and it was dragging/hitting

·
Registered
297 Posts
break it down and look for rub marks inside the slide and on the barrel. it might need some f&b or it might need to go back. can you drop a round into the barrel without any problems with the barrel out. can you hand cycle the slide without any problems. play around with it, shoot it to break it in, if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts