Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently carry a P-3AT and am interested in possibly getting a P-11.

Touted as "Once the smallest 9mm", it intrests me greatly. I am looking for a small 9mm. I see the great reviews so p-11 ranks at the top especially the comfortable price tag.

My question really is regarding other options to look at. What are other small 9mm's. PM9? XD?

Weight is also a huge factor, so again the P-11 seems to reign supreme at 14oz compared to 20+

Eliminate one option because I can't spend $1000 on it. :roll: But are there others I sould look at when comparing?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Forget the XDs, they're just cut-down versions of the full-size pistol that aren't especially comfortable.
There's really only two competitors: the Kahrs and the Taurus Milleniums. The Kahrs are of excellent quality; of all of them I prefer the first, the K-9. It's all-steel, so it IS heavy.
One problem with the polymer Kahrs is their magazine catch; it seems as if it's very prone to failure. I'd factor this in before considering a polymer-framed Kahr.
The Milleniums are pretty much P-11 copies with safeties and a different trigger system. I've read reviews and seen many examples of these both: 1 - not working right and being sent back, and: 2 - working fine and without problems.
The ratio of the ones sent back is alarmingly high.
The P-11 is pretty much perfected, as it stands now; you're very unlikely to get a bad one, and if it DOES malfunction you can probably fix it yourself, and if you CAN'T fix it yourself Kel-Tec has the best customer service in the industry.
Throw in the price tag and the fact it can take S&W hi-caps, and it quickly jumps to the head of the pack.
Flyer

·
Registered
24 Posts
:? Welcome TJ: One if those funny things in life- my first Kel-Tec was (and is ) a P-11,because it is a full capacity 9mm. I found it unconfortable to try to hide on my rather dimunitive self,so,as soon as the P3s came out, I had to have one. ( Mine had no letter in the s/n,and only four numbers to tell you how early an example it is .. ) The P-3 hides well,is functional,and comfortable to carry. My P-11 is now my close in home defense pistol,and sometimes car gun. I trust it to do the job if/when needed,and you can't beat the price! Guess that's why they make both huh ? If you lived close, I would offer a swap. ( I have 2 P-11s). I don't think you will ever regret the P-11 dicision. >>>Wil <<<

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
The P-11 for me was the perfect combination of small size, and light weight. I pocket carried a P-11 for almost a year.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
in my usual haunts around town the p3at fills the bill nicely. when the wife and i go away for a few days i have to take the p11 or it gets sulky and pouts, so i take it. :D

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

byron said:
...i have to take the p11 or it gets sulky and pouts, so i take it. :D
Your P-11 does that too? I thought it was just mine.

Regards, Keys 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.