Kel-Tec Forum banner

Shotshow KT Anti-climax?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Gun_Nut_2k1 
#1 ·
This came from yesterday's shotshowreports.com entry:
KelTec – KelTec has no new product to report on and I say this because there was much speculation about a compact single stack 9mm. I spoke to George Kelgren and got the official word that no pistol of this type exists. YET. If it were to exist it would be a plastic frame single stack 9mm. In profile it would look much like the current P11, but it would be thinner, only .857 inches across the slide. There really is no gun and there is no prototype, nor mockup. You guys know that if there was I would have a picture of it! The pistol is obviously being researched and it is possible that there may be one at the SHOT Show next year, so check back with me then.
I wonder what's happened to the new products. I think that one was a redesigned SU-16 to the SR-16....but what happened to the other? Bummer....

#3 ·
Yeah, you're probably right. It's been all they could do to keep up with demand for the P-3AT and SU-16 -- as well as the new construction on the factory expansion

But hey, it's Bloodwalker's fault that we got our hopes up!!! :D
He's the one that was talking about new products when I was at the factory last year!

Hmmmm...sounds like a case of disinformation to me....or, maybe they're waiting until near the end of the Shotshow to reveal the new toys??? Do any of the manufacturers do that? Wait until the end, and then blow away the competition?

BTW, just kidding about Marty...

#6 ·
...a single stack with interchangable barrels in 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig and .45GAP?
Remember the re-designed .40 KT 'could' return in 2/04--is that a coincedence? Kel-Tec obviously has the tooling for the 9mm/40/357 barrels, why not? .45GAP might be a stretch though

...maybe they're waiting until near the end of the Shotshow to reveal the new toys?
Thats what I'm hoping for, the low serial # P-11s will soon be 10 years old. Not that theres anything wrong with the P-11, IMO it ranks #2 for affordable Concealed Carry, behind a compact .45 Especially considering the P-11 can already become .357sig/.40S&W

#7 ·
It really doesn't surprise me that they have delayed bringing new products to market. Sometimes having too many new products just robs sales from the rest of your product line. Even those of us who love our Kel-Tecs haven't all gotten P-3AT's yet. Give them some time to recoup some cash after bringing out the P-3AT and SU-16. Probably see a new prototype in another six months. This prognostication and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts.

Regards, Keys 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.