Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this for a couple weeks with no time to get to the range. Finally made it to our local outdoor range just minutes before sunset. To cut to the chase, the gun performed flawlessly! Not a major workout, mind you, just 40 rds of Federal ball, 12 rds each of Silvertips and Gold Dots, but no failures of any kind, not even any smilelys that I could see in the fading light. No pin walkout, no double feeds, nothing. And I must say, after reading here and on the other forum, I was prepared for the worst. It's more accurate and easier to shoot then my NAA Guardian. For once, I got lucky! Serial # is H0V0x. So far, I'm very impressed (as in: my Guardian has already been downloaded and stored in the safe). I'm talking my buddy into trading his Autega in for one at the next gun show. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:

Midiman said:
What comes after hate?
utter despisement?......

OK, did I mention this one was hard chromed and had a rare factory tritium front sight???

(well, I'm just kidding about that, actually!) :twisted:

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Mine's a little newer... ser. #H1Txx... so I'm real interested in delving into this whole smiley issue. As you can see in another thread, I'm well prepared to start slashing, hacking and polishing. Perhaps it won't be necessary. I've amassed a large pile of UMC FMJ, Fed. Hydra-Shok and Corbon to run through the thing. We shall see what we shall see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well good luck with the hacking and the slashing. I'm prepared to just start carring mine. But let me tell you: I'M usually the guy that get's the 1 in 10,000 bad (fill in the ________), trust me, I've had my share of dogs, in fact, that NAA went back 2-3 times before it was right enough to carry. BTW, NAA has excellent customer service too, I just sometimes wish I didn't have to ALWAYS be the one to find out! :roll:
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
So far I've been pretty lucky... nearly every gun I've bought has worked flawlessly with the exception of an EXTREMELY early production model of the S2K. Even that has been ironed out and works perfectly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Which Guardian do you have?
What do you like better about the P3AT?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Guardian that I have is an early .32, which had to go back a couple times before it was right (it's good now), while it was back NAA gave it every upgraded part. They are a good outfit as far as customer service goes, they sent me extra mags and a holster as a way of saying sorry for the problems I had.
I like the P3AT better because it lighter, slimmer, SEEMS to be easier to shoot, a little more accurate and of course a more powerful caliber.
It also happens to be only the second "plastic" pistol I've ever owned, the first being an older H&K VP70. (and wish I still had).
Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts