Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the poor results of the .380 ACP Pow'Rball wet pack results, I decided to risk irrate neighbors and do a little "garage range" work with the Pow'Rball in .357 Sig from a KT P-357, and .45 ACP from the Taurus PT-145. Each has roughly a 3.125" barrel.

Here's the results:

The .357 Sig penetrated 15.4 inches and expanded to .625 inches

The .45 ACP penetrated 12.8 inches and expanded to .76 inches. The "wound cavity" was impressive.

Here is a comparison of the .357 Sig. next to the .45 ACP

I'm liking the little PT-145 more and more...

G

·
Boy am I glad that I am not your neighbor! For those that might be, if you hear "PULL" coming from the garage.........DUCK!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For our P-11 carrying friends, the 9mm+P Pow'Rball results from the P-11 are below:

The 9mm+P (bullet on the right) penetrated 13.2 inches and expanded to .59 inches.

The .357 Sig (bullet on the left) and 9mm+P both use a 100 gr projectile.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hoorah!!!Hooray!!!!

Great posting! So the Pow'rBall is good for something! Thanks scuba for posting "The rest of the story".

And, Hooray!! We now have another "certified" wetpack tester at KTRange. The wetpack will someday be recognized as a valid way to test ammo by even the gelatin testers. Then you will see a lot of ammo companies using it too.

og

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not only that -- but get this! I didn't want to leave Norty out, so I switched barrels in my P-40 to .40 S&W and fired a round of .40 S&W PB into the wet pack...

It went through 17.5" of wet pack -- through a 1/2" piece of particle board -- through the scrap carpet I have on the garage floor -- and best I can tell somewhere in (or maybe through) the 2x10 that makes up my garage floor! :shock:

The recoil was -- by far -- the strongest of any PBs fired. I'm wondering if I got a 10mm charge in a .40 S&W case?? I'll brave the snakes in daylight tomorrow and crawl under the garage to see if it made it through the floor....

If my neighbors didn't hear that -- they're deaf!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, here it is... It went through the carpet and into the surface of the 2x10. For some reason, the .40 S&W PB did not expand -- kinda like shooting a hot-load FMJ.

I'm not brave enough to try another one tonight... :oops:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
That is something I dont wish to get hit with !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.