Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the mrs. went baby sitting with our grandson today. me and my buddy "kelte" went to "ohio outdoor sports" indoor range and had a bangup time.
12 rnds. of wvp solids thru the s&w mag, 10 of the same thru each of the kel-tec mags. then 12 rnds of wwb hp's, 10 and 10. then 4,4 and 4 hyra shoks.my finger's tired! managed to keep all of the first series in a 5" circle at 10 yds. as good as i can shoot.
the trigger keeps getting better and better. i can now stage it. it is long but smoooooooth the p11 NEVER failed. i can't shoot it as good as it is capable of. this makes over 800 rnds without a hiccup! probably explains why i'm apt to get snotty with naysayers.
a fellow at the range was shooting a kimber 45. he asked about mine. wanted to know if he could shoot it? i said why not. he bought a box of "ultramax " factory reloads and smoked 50 more rnds thru it. he shot WELL. couldn't believe basic cost. i referred him to ktrange. his parting remark was that it would make a "hell of a hideout gun".
store mgr. said that since passage of bill to allow ccw in ohio, business has picked up 30%. color me glad! :D :D :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
byron,
Sounds like you had fun!
I wish I lived in an area of Ohio with an indoor range (other than my basement!).
We had one ten years ago, but it's lack of proper ventilation got the EPA to close it down. Now I have to drive two hours to the nearest indoor facility.
Guess I was destined to shoot in snow... :?
Flyer

·
Registered
63 Posts
I picked up a keltec P-11 last weekend after Medina. I looked here first to find that the show dealer's asking prices were outrageous and left early for a trip to Gander mountain. As stated $184.95. Throw in two boxes of wolf 9mm and OTD for $208 including tax. Off to the range sunday morning and i was impressed. I shoot alot of handgun, mostly 1911 for duty and 22/45 for practice. I've owned smiths, berettas, glocks, walthers, Colts, but save the Colt and the ruger, I don't have the good feelings for them that I do the Keltec. The trigger was long but smooth and getting used to the DAO nature I was hitting significantly low at first. With some practice I kept them all in the preferred area of a 1/2 size sillouette at 25' and on paper at 50' I imagine this will improve with more practice and as the trigger smooths out. It digested all the wolf and valuepack winchester I fed it without a hitch and a few 10 year old assorted HP rounds of various manufacture. I think this pistol is a keeper and at its initial price, its not worth trading in for anything else, so I'll just have to love it. I think when the mood strikes me I may actually have to get another one. Now, if only they made a DA/SA gun with a steel frame insert, that would be ideal. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts