Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a lurker at your new board for sometime and also own a Kel-Tec P11 s/a pistol. I have been interested in a SU-16 rifle purchase as well.

Today at a gun show, an exhibitor had the first one that I have physically seen in our area. He was asking $480.oo for the rifle. Is this the approximate going rate? How many Su-16's has Kel-Tec produced?

I had also noticed the two new versions scheduled for the 3rd quarter of 04. What would be the advantage in your opinions, of waiting for one of those versions? Thanks for any info you may have.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Hi Chainsaw,

Welcome aboard!

I've seen them in the $450-460 range, but if they are that rare in your area it is most likely a fair price. You'll love shooting one.

KT has now produced quite a few SU-16s. Most of their production in the past few months has been focused on the SU-16 and the P-3AT.

Even though the new editions are scheduled for release later in the year, as with the original version -- supply will take a while to catch up with the demand. You might not see one of the new ones in your area until mid-2005.

I prefer the SU-16C model, because the stock will fold while allowing the weapon to still fire. I have been told -- and it indicates on the KT website (http://www.kel-tec.com/SHOT2004.htm) that the folding stock will be available as an accessory. Some of the other upgrades will also be available as accessories.

I say, "Buy It -- You'll Like It!"

Welcome again to the KTRange,
flyandscuba

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flyandscuba, Thanks. I went back today and traded a low value AR that I owned for the Kel-Tec. I wanted to upgrade to a superlight Bushmaster anyway so this will speed that up as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts