Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Thinking of getting a shotgun for the home now. I saw one that interested me over the weekend. It was called a Sarsilmaz New Cobra. What I liked about it was that the stock was collapsible and made the shotgun very managable for me. I found the site and think its either Russian or Turkish - not sure. Somebody said to take a look at a Mossberg. But this one really interested me. Anything positive or neg. about it?

Katy

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Katy,
These are made in Istanbul, Turkey.
Right now they're being imported by PMC. Quality is pretty high.
Never handled one myself, so don't know how they perform...
But it's what YOU think that matters!
Flyer

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's not banned? I thought everything with a folding stock was banned. (I don't count the Sub guns. When they're folded, they are actually partially disassembled.)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Midi or Flyer,

Refresh my memory -- why exactly did they outlaw the importation of the SPAS? I've always wanted one -- but I'm not going to pay over $1000 for a shotgun.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The SPAS could be used as either a semi-auto, or a pump.
And, it could hold up to 12 rounds.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
The only reason I can think of is that they may not meet the qualifications for X number of American made parts for import. If it holds 12 rounds, the folding stock would have to be replaced with a fixed stock, then you can keep the pistol grip. A fixed stock is far more useable... but the folding one looks so much cooler in the movies...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told that this holds 6 or 7 cartridges. I liked that it has the pistol grip, so that you can hold it at waist level. Anyways, I was also told that they are a shotgun, but at least in MI they are considered a pistol becuase of the length of them folded down. Anyways, I can't find anywhere to purchase one of these, FLYER, what is PMC? I only want for keeping in the house for protection, so nothing fancy. The guy that showed me his, said he paid like $150.00 for his.

Katy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts