Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased the S&W high capacity magazines for my P-11, and was wondering if there were any compatible S&W .40 cal magazines that would work for the P-40. I just picked one up and am starting on customizing it.

Thanks,

emc

·
Registered
190 Posts
The S&W 9mm mags you have will probably feed the 40 just fine. The standard 9mm KT's (MecGar) do in mine.

BIGIRON

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! Let's score that as a big fat DUH on my part! I should have thought about using those, but have normally thought about using .40 cal mags in 9mm pistols, instead.

Okay....time to try those out!

emc

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As an additional FYI, I took out one of my S&W 12 round 9mm magazines, and tried loading .40 cal ammo in it. Only took eight rounds before filling up. Anyone have better luck with this?

Thanks,

emc

·
Registered
190 Posts
Interesting. I have one 9mm (not genuine S&W). I just checked and it took ten 40's (tightly -- wouldn't trust it to feed top one reliably). Regular P11 factory mag took 8 40's comfortably.

Maybe one of the "guru's" will jump in.

BIGIRON

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered two of the pre-ban 11 round S&W 4006 magazines, and they recently arrived. I tried hand-cycling some rounds through the P-40, and they seemed to work OK. However, the spacer that I used for the 12 round 9mm magazines in the P-11 is too small to work with the .40 caliber magazines. As an alternative, has anyone tried the spacer for the 15 round 9mm magazine with the 4006 magazines? I would hate to return these .40 cal magazines, but will do so if there are no spacers that will work with them.

Thanks,

emc

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Kel-Tec sells a different sized spacer for this situation. Call them and ask if they have the P-40 spacers for this mag.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the suggestion! I've already done that, and there is no spacer specifically for the P-40. I also asked Kel-Tec as to whether the 15 round magazine spacer would work with the 11 round 4006 magazine, and they didn't know. In the meantime, I've ordered the Plus One magazine adapter for the P-40, and may just stick with that. Given that the modified factory magazine will now give me 10 rounds in a compact format, the 4006 magazine with 11 rounds is dramatically larger, and sticks out of the grip further than the equivalent 12 round magazine does in the P-11. At this point, I think that I've just talked myself into returning the 4006 magazines.

FWIW,

emc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.