Kel-Tec Forum banner

S&W 3914

6K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Gun_Nut_2k1 
G
#1 ·
I was visiting my local shop today and found a used 3914 in the case with (2) magazines. Upon inspecting the pistol it was very clean and the shop owner stated that the original owner had it and never fired it. The bore was clean and there was no sign of any powder residue anywhere on the pistol, no scratches on the grips or anywhere else on the gun. The price was 250.00 so I put it on layaway. (can't get but one gun every 30 days, so I have to wait till the P40 i just got expires.) I wasn't aware that Smith and Wesson made a 3914, I thought that the only single stack compact 9mm that they made was in the budget line. This one has no plastic parts, nor the tapered dust cover like the ladies smith does. Also has a decocker on both sides. Looks like this will be a nice summer carry piece. I would be interested on any comments from anyone that has or ever has owned one of these. Not sure when they made this one so I don't really know the age.

G
#3 ·
this one seems very nice also. the trigger is crisp and there is little to no creep in the take-up. also no plastic parts like in their budget line. i'm having a hard time finding a set of hogue grips on-line though. usual places like CDNN, botachtactical,nanchetz and cheaperthandirt don't show anything.

G
#6 ·
hmmmmm, looks like one of the aftermarket ones. i am going to try to get some from my department as we are in the process of replacing our smith's with something else. there are a few 3953's floating around in the hands of small statured officers.

G
#13 ·
it is reported when our General Assembly comes out with the new laws in July, it is reported that anyone with a CCW will be exempt from the 1 every 30 days rule. I guess this still means that cops, unless they have a CCW will still have to wait eventhough by state code we are exempt from having to have a permit. I have 2 one VA and one for FLA so it is a moot issue. seems ridiculous to me though. is used to be that if someone attempted to purchase a gun before the 30 days was up, the state police would arrest the applicant for lying on the form......this question was soon removed from the form as they realized that they were charging unintentional persons with felonies.......i guess the state police doesn't need probable casue or intent. it was soo bad here at one time that the state police would have the shop owners tell the applicants to come back the next day becasue the paperwork was delayed. The next day the applicant would show and there would be a state trooper there waiting for them......insaine.....do you know what the Virginia State motto is; "Welcome to Virginia, come on vacation......leave on probation"..... :oops:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.