Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on these lightweight 357's.

The 360 kit gun has a 3 1/8 barrel 5 shots 12oz
The 386 also has a 3 1/8 barrel 7 shots 18oz

Do you think they are practical and controllable or too light?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I'd go with the 7-shot.
Yep, it'll kick like the dickens, and no, you won't be as accurate with it as you would be with a small auto.
But, you're carrying a serious bit of stopping power that can be controlled easily enough through sufficient practice. I have yet to find a gun that recoils so much I can't learn to control it.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hey a .357 has a devilish kick to it with higher grain loads.

I have to agree with Flyer, If you can get the 7 shot by all means. Thats 2 more rounds if you need them instead of 5 or 6. A good thing about the .357 is that will fire the .357 rounds or .38 special, and that will save some money on ammo. If you decide to get the .357, just keep in mind that it does stop most things(bad guys). It has good knockdown ability and the revolver will never jam on you in case of a emergency.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about the Ruger sp101

I've been seeing opinions in other forums that the ruger sp101 is a good choice in 357 since it is built stronger than the S&W, and costs less.

The sp101 is all steel and weighs about 25 0z. That doesn't seem so much more than the 386 airlite, but its smaller, and has only 5 rounds. Being smaller it may be easier to carry than tthe 386.

I want something with real power, to carry occasionally with the right clothing, and to give me choices with my other guns a
Glock 26 and the P-3AT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts