Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anxiously awaiting arrival of the sleeve for the series 69 mag. followed yz's prompt and installed +10 wolff springs. really happy with the added length this mag. brings to the grip. cdnn description "s&w factory demo w/finger rest" was right on the money except it looks brand new. if kt would make a single stack utilizing this mag. length i think it would be a winner. the mag. snaps solidly into the gun and ejects smartly loaded or empty. springs stiff at this point and last two rounds push back when filling it. a couple of reloads and i'll have a thumb like a gorilla! i feel they'll lighten up with use. ordered mag. and springs on a friday morning and received them the following monday. ordered the sleeve tuesday so hope i'll get it this monday.then...........OFF TO THE RANGE! i'll probably shoot all 10's at fifty yards with my new improved grip! i'll let you know how it feeds and functions shortly. :D

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
byron,
Looking forward to that report. I just got new Wolff springs for all of my pistols.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
205 Posts
yeah, they will loosen up a bit over time...

I still have one new one that I can only get 11 rounds into!! I just have not had time to mess with it, but I'm sure working the spring a bit and leaving it loaded for a while will do the trick.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mag sleeve

finally have something to gripe about. cdnn and wolff had product here third day after ordering, still waiting nine days later for sleeve. :roll:

·
Registered
205 Posts
that is unusual, but probably due to Thanksgiving.... not much got done for 4 days (Thurs-Sun)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mag. arrived this am. worked down s&w finger rest per yz's suggeston. used orbital sander and finished by hand with #600 wet/dry paper. grip is shorter than with 10 rd. mag. and finger rest although not much. i like the feel of this grip as rear portion which extends further down seems to give more support to heel of hand. will take it to range tomorrow. i've never had ftf or fte so this will be acid test. snap caps feed right in as does top rnd. from full mag. appearance resembles bersa extension on p32. i'll bet that you could fit at least 8 rnds. in a single stack mag. of this length. that would give you a 9 shot 9mm and no need for a finger rest. same size as the p11 w/12 rnd. mag only slimmer and more concealable. wouldn't that be a sweetheart? :idea: :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
12 rnd. mag.

put 36 rds. down range friday. slick as a whistle.happy as a clam.like the feel and appearance. that grin you see on my face is one of satisfaction! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts