Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
That .380 is an outstanding price, but the 9mm para is still beat by Walmart.

100rd, Winchester Whitebox: $10.97+tax

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
thx for the info......

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally got a chance to take some of this for a test run through my P-3AT today. Man! This is hot stuff! Definitely not your average target .380 loads.

50-rounds ran smoothly through my P-3AT. I'll continue to use this as a concealed carry load for now.

SG has sold out, but it looks like they expect more at the end of May. The $99.97 price is excellent. Think of it as getting 1000-rounds of Cor-bon-like performance for $100

·
Registered
14 Posts
flyandscuba said:
On Sportsman's Guide.

90gr SJSP at 1000 fps!

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=131501

I ordered a case -- as I don't expect it to last long.

If your interested in 9mm Para, they have some in battle packs -- but it is a 147gr lead bullet. See below,

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=131258
-
I got a case, but it's not S&B!
It's 21 year old Spanish ammo manufactured back in 1983.
It's OK for practice, but I don't think I would trust it for carry.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the boxes of 25 have an "S" and a "B" with a sword? If so, it is S&B, manufactured for a foreign military contract -- probably Mexican, or Spanish. It is good stuff. Have you shot any? I'd carry it -- as a matter of fact -- I am carrying it, it's in my P-3AT in my pocket as I type this in the hotel room.

Also, 1983 isn't old when it comes to ammo. I have stuff from way back in WWII that I still shoot. If it has been stored correctly, and it appears that this has, it will be good for a looooong time.

Sorry, if you thought it was current manufacture -- but the SG.com ad described it for what it is...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re:

flyandscuba said:
Did the boxes of 25 have an "S" and a "B" with a sword? If so, it is S&B, manufactured for a foreign military contract -- probably Mexican, or Spanish.
-
You are right! There is a stamp on the box with a sword and an "S" on one side and a "B" on the other side of the sword.

The box says "Empresa Nacional Santa Barbara de industrias Militares.S.A" and there is a tag that says "made in Spain"

I did shoot fifty rounds in my Bersa Thunder and had one jam with the cartridge jammed halfway into the chamber! Had to really pull hard on the slide to get it released. Also had one squib.

Another thing that miffed me is two of the boxes I pulled out for a range session tomorrow are FMJ and marked 1979!

If I don't have anymore problems I think it's still pretty cheap ammo for practice but I'm leary of it for carry!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts