Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a big .44 magnum. First Ruger Redhawk
Havent shot it yet.

Anybody have one of these cannons?? Or any 44's??

G

·
had a Ruger Vaquero one time in 45 long colt. i had a hard time shooting it as i had never fired or owned a single action revolver before. it had a 7.5" barrel. it was fun to take out but expensive to shoot......might not be the same but it was the closest that i have come to any rugers close to yours.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
It'll be pretty fun to shoot... it'll come back pretty heavily, but not quite as fast as a hot .357 will.
These are good revolvers... built like tanks and last pretty much forever.
Flyer

·
Registered
188 Posts
I shot one once quite a number of years ago. I remember pulling the trigger, and then having a big heavy object (the gun) flying up toward my head. :)

I think I'd do a bit better now, but I think I'll work my way up to that size of gun. :)

I would like to get a .357 some day when I'm not broke again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve got a Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag 7.5 inch barrel. I bought it for deer hunting this year. I shot twelve rounds through it and had to quit because my hand hurt. Mines scoped, pretty accurate at 75 yards. Have to get out and shoot it some more and get used to it.

9toes :drink:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one I got is got a 5 1/2 barrel on it. Havent a chance to go to the range. Even if I fire it in the sticks someone is going to hear it.

That is the first 44 I have ever owned. I fell for it when I saw it.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
5 1/2 inch barrel?
That is the PERFECT barrel length!
Of course with the shorter barrel it's really gonna sound like a thunderstorm, and you're gonna feel like you were struck by lightning...
I'd stick a pair of Hogue rubber grips on it just for comfort. They're inexpensive and work very well.
Dang, now I'VE got a hankering for one... gonna have to hit the shops tomorrow and see what they've got...
Flyer

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've got a .41 magnum Redhawk I never have gotten around to firing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts