Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.is this gun a blow back, or a locked breach ???

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
It's a locked breech...
And for that price (around $900), it'd better be very, VERY well made, reliable, and durable!
Haven't seen one yet, but I expect I will eventually...
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I held one last month at a GS in San Antonio. They feel and look fine, made of stainless steel and aircraft grade aluminum. Length 5.2 in, Height 3.7 in Weight 12.8 oz, 6 round capacity.
Cost: More than my first few cars!

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Rohrbaughs have been slow shipping. They had some magazine problems they wanted to get resolved before getting the guns out.

I have not held a working model, but the dummy gun I have is enough to make me very interested.

Also, for what its worth, Eric Rohrbaugh is a very nice guy and a real asset to this industry. They already have other models in the works.

The price is on the high side, but a lot of R&D went into this gun. I think they will sell all the guns they can make.

Duane
[email protected]
www.KDHolsters.com

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a real working Rohrbaugh

......on order. :D
Eric was nice enough to see me a holster pattern gun a few months back , it has been a big help, but I have to have a shooter !! I with let you all know as so as it arrives.
Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, :arrow: more waiting :roll:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New pocket carry for the new Rohrbaugh

G

·
i think that they are going to end up like the seecamps when they first came out. they are nice buy they seem way too pricey for me. now it is time for KT to come out with a 9mm in a P3AT frame.....to compete with this....

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
We've already got people crying about recoil in the P-3AT! I'd like to see one too, but I suspect George will stay away from it in fear of large numbers of returns of "defective" pistols because some shooters can't handle the recoil and/or limp wrist resulting in "malfunctions".

Maybe, we can still hope for a single-stack in 9mm slightly smaller than the P-11.

I know I'd buy one!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I don't remember where I heard this...
But if anything, the price is gonna go UP!
One of the people who own the company purportedly said they simply weren't asking enough for the pistol as it was... apparently it's one complicated cookie to manufacture.
So... $1000 PLUS for a 9mm that size?
Hmm... I dunno.
Flyer

·
Registered
68 Posts
Flyer -- I know a guy like you can appreciate quality. I don't think its fair to say the gun costs too much for its size -- small size is what its all about. When size is an issue, you always pay more to get the smaller, more desireable item.

Fact is, these guys have been working for years and not taking in any money. Now they are building a top quality gun -- no MIM parts, no cast parts. Heck, I once bought an $800 Kimber with a MIM thumb safety that snapped in two before I ever fired a round. Eric Rohrbaugh told me that he or his brother personally test fire every R-9 before it leaves the factory. That is almost like a semi-custom level of attention.

I know its expensive. I also know that people snap up $1,500 P7M8s and $400 Strider folding knives as fast as they can make them. Time will tell -- and we will see if: (a) the quality is what I think it is, and (b) wheather people will pay for that level of quality.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
DD,
Oh yeah, I'm sure it's a top-quality gun.
I'm just wondering about the potential market... whether it's there or not.
And I didn't mean it was too expensive for it's size. It could be the size of a Baby Browning, and if it did something no other gun would do, 2 or 3 grand would be just fine.
As for the Kimbers... I too don't recommend them anymore. The parts just disintegrate for no apparent reason. MIM is NOT the way to go!
Flyer

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think I want a Rohrbaugh. I was blown away by their prototypes I held at the 2003 SHOT Show. The $$$ is not necessarily a stumbling block, but I want "warm and fuzzies" about function and reliability before I shell out that kind of money. Until I get some range reports, I'm holding my $$ close the vest.

Perhaps I want one as much because few others have one than because it would replace my P-3AT as my all the time BUG to a .45... I want the smallest and lightest of each chambering... :D :D :D

Allan

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think we will see more range reports surfacing. These guns are flying out of the factory now.

There have been a few range reports on the High Road and other places. All have been very positive so far. I doubt you will find a gun with more R&D time and energy behind it.

If you are really interested, you may want to get in line now. The wait is 3-4 months and the gun hasn't hit the cover of the major gun rags yet, which it will do in late summer.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.