Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a crimper? I've been using Lee dies for many calibers but don't see a collet crimper listed.
What have you been using and do bullets stay in place?

·
Registered
29 Posts
From the Lee web site:

LEE CARBIDE FACTORY CRIMP DIE 18.98

38 SPECIAL & 357 MAGNUM 90861 Serv.Parts ROLL

Custom made Special Sizes available. $30.00

I think you need a taper crimp for 357 Sig. I bet Lee has made a few by now and may have them cheaper.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Has anyone reloaded the .357 sig with the die sets from Lee or another manufacturer. Looking to start reloading some now that I have the caliber. Thanks Zeke

·
Registered
253 Posts
Don't know when I will get around to reloading these, but I will let you know how it turns out. Hunting season is just around the corner so that will be taking up most of my time. *)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I broke down ordered the some of the things to start reloading the .357 sig. I got the Lee Steel 3-Die set and also the Lee Factory Crimp Die, 500 once fired nickle cases(all the cases I checked so far are Speer) and 300 Speer 125 gr JHP bullets. The reloading manual I have list Federal 100 small pistol as the primers I need for this load, so I'll have find some here local. I checked Gander Mountain today but they didn't have any. For now I'll work on getting the cases ready for reloading.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
zeke, I will check around and see what I may be able to acquire for primers, and stock you up when I see you later in the month.....

RJ

I also have a boat load of 357 sig brass, once fired, and any other caliber you may want. so let me know and I will load that up too....

anyone who can use it is free to have it....

I get all the brass from the one range I am a "member" at......

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
rj, I seem to remember reading that some brands of .357SIG brass actually use large pistol primers, while others use the small pistol ones - you might want to make sure what you are getting.

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
Re:

pocketgun said:
rj, I seem to remember reading that some brands of .357SIG brass actually use large pistol primers, while others use the small pistol ones - you might want to make sure what you are getting.
Disregard this - it was 6.8 SPC I was thinking of. :oops:

Let me know how they work out for you zeke.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
still collecting them for him, although if I wait until the PF-9 is released, I may need a dump truck to haul them in.....

things get busy with the police qualifications at the range, and they don't reload...

and there is no department standardization here, some use 9 mm, some use 40 s&w, some use 357 sig, some use 45,

depends on the department.

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
Just be sure to sort the brass by brand. That link I left for zeke (above) had some hefty velocity differences where brass was the only variable. Opened my eyes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The velocity differece is just another one of those things that make you go Hmmm.

How the heck does that make a difference.

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
I would guess the internal capacities are slightly different, leading to variations in pressure with identical charges, bullets, and seating depth. :?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts