Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some of you may have guessed I am a little bit fond of polishing. :twisted: Actually you could say I'm about as fond of polishing as being dead is a permanent thing. I again was bored last night so I installed an adjustable trigger in a 1911 and I polished my P-32 slide. This is prep for the Matte Clear Aerosol baking Lacquer that I just ordered from Brownells. Wutcha think.

Oh and I would have posted this here "Maximizing Miniaturization - MEMBERS ONLY" but only mods can do that!

G

·
Well....it looks to me like the wait time at KT is OVER!.....GN2K1 has an overnight turnaround..... :D

Looks great....I think that he might have just found a way for members to "HC" or "stainless" their slides without loosing the F&B work......

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awww shucks :oops: . We'll se how good the finish is from brownells. Worst that happens it I have it bumper chromed! Im pimpin now huh???

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yo gun nut,
I've got several guns, mostly Makarovs, that I've polished the dickens out of.. and LEFT them that way, with a coat of Birchwood Casey's Gunstock Wax!
It works VERY well... a nice deep, thick finish that lasts over a month before you need to reapply.
Just a thought!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the Matte Clear bake on finish applied tonight. I will post pics as soon as I get home from work, and can get it back together. But boy it looks sweet. It is very much like the HC finish on Factory guns. Don't know how well it will hold up, but we'll see. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Course you can Bro. Not sure how well it'll hold up, so give a few weeks to test it. Tried scratching it with my finger nail but I could not break the surface. I used a screw driver and it broke the surface. I applied to a polished surface as well. I am going to test it on a rougher surface. :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
How many hours did the entire process take... especially the polishing? In fact, what were the general procedures, materials, etc.? Looks sharp!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re:

TxCajun said:
How many hours did the entire process take... Looks sharp!
Thanks TX. The slight melting and deepening of the Grooves took me 20 min. The actual blue removal and polish bout an hour give or take. I made a special stand to hold the slide while I sprayed it then to hold it while baking. That took bout 140 min. 3 coats of spray and 45 min bake time per instructions. If it does not hold up well enough I will have to bead blast it to give it a better surface to adhere to. Seems to be strong though, unless you use metal to scratch it. :)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
super looking job. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts