Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Flyer,

Nice report. Did you need to Fluff or Buff the SU? I don't see any mention. The only extremely minor area I could see to do anything about was to trim a little sharp plastic sprue.

Thanks!

Martin

p.S. Any idea what's up at KTOG's bulletin board? Too many trolls or are they down for maintenance? Thanks again! :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
msw,
Nope, I just took 'er out of the box, cleaned and lubed her, and started shooting! Perfect performance.
About Ktog: No one really knows what's going on, I believe. According to Raymor it's a server neglect problem. But, we've had server neglect problems HERE from day one, and Midiman's been on them like a Golden Dragon, making them straighten up and fly right asap!
So... I dunno what's the story with Ktog. Down for about two weeks, and counting...
Flyer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info, Flyer.

Now, if the weather would just cooperate...Do you use 55gr or 62gr ammo? Have both. Do you recommend one over the other?

Thanks again,

Martin :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
msw,
The SU is comfy firing either round, but like Midi says, I like to keep my SS109 ammo for "rainy days".
I really like Winchester's 5.56 "White Box" ammo. It's actually made in Israel to Mil-Spec, and is 55 grains. Great stuff!
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
msw,
I really like Winchester's 5.56 "White Box" ammo. It's actually made in Israel to Mil-Spec.
Flyer
Some is, some isn't. The Israeli stuff is labeled Q3131A and is 5.56 NATO spec. There are several identical looking "white boxes" that are labeled USA223XX, where XX specifies HP, FMJ, etc. and is .223 SAAMI spec. The former uses WCC cases, the latter all use .223 Winchester cases.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, Midi's right. Should've pointed that out...
Just look on the back of the box and it'll say "Made in Israel" on there.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Midiman said:
55gr is the standard NATO load, 62gr is typically a steel core, armor piercing round. I wouldn't waste a lot of SS-109/M855 ammo on target plinking.
I agree about the out of box ready to go thing. I have played with mine, but it was perfect out of the box as well. About the SS-109 ammo I bought 250 rounds for $49 w/ an ammo box at the last gun show. Great stuff. It is really hard hitting too! I also use Bulk Win ammo and Wally World WB as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was reading American Handgunner the other day and spotted the SU-16 ad by KT. I've been in the market for an affordable .223 and my research on the SU led me to this post and your article. I found it great and informative, in fact the SU is next on my purchase list. I'll post back when I get back from the range. Hopefully it wont be too long b/c this gun looks fun!! :ak2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts