Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's likely just me... hence my post.

I have a heck of a time trying to get the guide rod and recoil springs back in place when putting the barrel back in the slide. There must be some "trick" to make it simpler....

Pat

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
re-assembly the recoil spring

Rocky,
It's not you. I have the same problem and bet most do too.
The recoil spring rod is a close tolerance fit in the guide hole and doesn't want to go in at the angle at first. It is a two handed job to keep the whole thing from flying across the room.

What I do is sit down, hold the slide in my lap so it won't move, then with left fingers on the spring and rod up near the guide hole and the right hand fingers on the rest of the spring, slowly try to push it and fit it into the hole. May have to turn it a few times.
Sometimes I'm lucky and it goes in place the first try, usually not. Don't let go until you are sure the back end is in it's groove on the barrel.

Good luck,
og

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I havent had a problem with putting the springs back in, I had a problem when they got tangled together and took 15 minutes, patiently to seperate them.

I have found the easiest way is to push them together and re-seat them using both hands, because if not you will saying profane things. If it starts bugging you, go get a coke and come back in a few minutes

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

cloak said:
I havent had a problem with putting the springs back in, I had a problem when they got tangled together and took 15 minutes, patiently to seperate them.
Been there, done that.

I find OG's method works fine... I pull the springs back with my left hand and use my right to hold the rod and guide it into the hole... then always pinch a piece of my thumb's skin seating the rod on the barrel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To Everyone,

Thanks for the replies... It helps to know it's not just clutzy old me... I went to the range yesterday and after 50 flawless rounds came home and cleaned it..

Went back in the first time!! Luck, likely.. but thanks!

Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts