Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I joined ranks and purchased a SUB2000 9mm(Glock 17 mags) and will hopefully get to shoot it this Saturday. I was just wonder how you would rate your SUB2000 as to reliability with 9mm FMJ and 9mm JHP ammo.

Scale of 1-10, and 10 being no malfunctions!

EX. FMJ-8, JHP-4

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
GunDude,
Welcome to the Range!
Well, the single most important factor affecting SUB reliability is the magazines you use.
Since you've got the Glock version, I STRONGLY suggest you stick with genuine Glock factory magazines. Lots of folks buy the Scherer 30 rounders. Lots of folks end up turning them into scrap plastic, too!!!
Another thing is ammo choice. Don't use Blazer (aluminum cased) ammo in your sub. I'd also stay away from Wolf or similiar steel-cased ammo. Too dirty.
Properly cleaned, using good mags, and good ammo, your chances of having 100% functionality at your first shooting is very high!
Throw in an "aftermarket" Glock mag, and it's gonna drop about 50%! To level 5 on your scale, so to speak...
Stick with the proper mags and ammo, keep your carbine cleaned and lubed, and a 10 shouldn't be out of the question, at all.
That's where mine are right now!
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Mine shoots anything I feed it (I don't feed it steel or aluminum cased ammo), as long as I use REAL GLOCK gen 2 or 3 hicap mags. Post ban REAL GLOCK 10 rounders can be made functional by replacing the 2183 follower with 9mm3 follower from Glock. Gen 1 hicap mags don't fit without some factory modification. Most aftermarket mags perform less than acceptibly. For me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i would rate my s2k 9mm g-17 sub at 9.5 , reason being - 1 outta every 100 or so rounds will fail to eject. (actully does eject- but bounces back into the action). this is with the spring steel "clip" installed. :wink: still is my favorite gun to shoot though! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts