Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is....What a FUN gun to shoot! Too bad it is cheaper to shoot a 9mm with Wally World value pack...

I've had this little gun for a while (picked it up from Marty at KT last year), but this was the first time I had decided to try it out. My intent was to keep it and a couple of hundred rounds in the bagaage compartment of my airplane full time as a kind of survival gun.

The two 30-round magazines fed flawlessly. No FTFs or FTEs. Accuracy was ok. I think the fixed barrel helps in this area. All 60 shots stayed within a group of 6-7" at 25 yards. Recoil was mild.

I was concerned prior to shooting this gun -- as I had heard horror stories about the reliability of this pistol -- even as recent as yesterday when I spied one in the case at Kevin's in Tallahassee. Maybe I just got a lucky one. Now that I know it works, I'll probably box it back up and dedicate it to the airplane -- since spare parts are virtually non-existant. Extra mags are available on the auction sites at prices ranging from $55 to $100.

I think it would serve it's intended purpose well. 22 WMR out of a 5" barrel produces energy levels close to the average 9mm Luger. The boxed pistol, a couple of mags, and 210 rounds of ammo weighs just a couple of pounds.

It would definitely dispatch smaller game -- and might even hold it's own against bigger critters, especially with 30-rounds at the ready.

The average asking price for these is high ($650 for the one at Kevin's) because rare quantity on the market. If you can find one at a good price, I'd recommend it -- if anything because it is unique....and for the fact that people at the range begin to stare when you're still going BOOM after 25 rounds or so... :lol:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, the P-30 is the ultimate "spray and pray" pistol.
Just keep firing! One way or another the bad guy's gonna go away... either from being hit by the rounds or by sheer fright at an apparently magical gun that never runs out of ammo!
Flyer

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm still waiting for prices to go down - (and for my income to go up)

20 rounds of .41 mag velocity? Easier to control than a 10mm?
Sweet. You can buy the police trade-in, or new for about $900.
But a box of range ammo cost $20+

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Rather have the P-90.
If you're gonna shoot THOSE rounds, might as well do it in serious bulk!
Flyer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts