Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my P-11 for a little over a week now!. I keep 10 rounds in the magizine and one in the chamber. Has anyone kept their magizine fully loaded for a extended period of time?. It is a fact that the spring gets weak on all magizines that has been kept loaded for long periods of time, I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever had a feeding problem from a weak spring??

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Modern mag springs hardly ever wear out.
They'll take a "set", losing a portion of their compression strength, and will relax no farther. Leaving your mags loaded won't hurt them.
It's always a good idea to rotate your mags every month or so, more to ensure the proper positioning of the rounds than anything else... this is what causes the majority of malfunctions from long-loaded conditions.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
diamondmike,
I have carried three always loaded P-11 mags for over a year now with no trouble. I've shot over 3000 rounds with my P-11 and use each mag when I go to the range. I recently replaced the mag springs with Wolff extra power springs, but not because I was having a problem. Replacing the springs once a year just sounded like a good thing to do.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just added a P-11 to my collection (thanks DOM!) I need an additional 9mm Mag, and some grip extensions.

Is KT the best source for purchasing the mags?

Does the P-045 grip extension fit both 9mm and .40 mags? Is there a better source for these than KT?

I've searched the boards and understand that +1 magazine extension and aftermarket mags are not good options.

Thanks,
Den

1 - 5 of 5 Posts