Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing my P-3AT, I have a friend who is interested in a Kel-Tec as well. She just isn't sure if she should opt for the P32 instead due to recoil.

Please post some thoughts on the subject.

I have offered to let her shoot my .380, so we will give that a try... If she doesn't care for it though, what can I tell her about the P32, which I don't own.

She currently carries a Tauras Millinium .380 and does ok with that, but I expect the P-3AT to jump a bit more due to being so light.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
If she's worried about the recoil at all, that's a sure sign she should go with the P-32.
There really IS quite a bit of difference in recoil. Since there are some very effective .32 rounds out there and the pistol holds an extra round, she's not really giving up that much performance-wise, and she'll shoot it more accurately if she's comfortable with it.
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
She apparently handles her Taurus Millenium .380 just fine, so she's not new to guns entirely.
The Millenium .380, though, is about the same size as the 9mm version, so I'd imagine it's a very light kicker.
Flyer

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the impression I got, is that it's recoil is not an issue for her. I will let her try the P-3AT and see what she thinks. What defense ammo would you recommend for the .32?

·
Registered
519 Posts
also make sure she can rack the slide..i have heard the 3AT can be quite stiff.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I kind of like the Gold Dots... they seem to perform very well out of the P-32. Of course there's always the Silvertips, too.
Flyer

·
Registered
64 Posts
I find my p32 *much* more pleasant to shoot than my 3at's. I carried S&B FMJ in mine.

But, I carry the 3at, now that I've shot them enough to trust them. I still trust my p32 just a little more, and would recommend it for a less experienced shooter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.