Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a Sub 2K a while back and I've always liked it. Great little gun and it's quite accurate.

However, I do have some problems with it, though.

1. Extractor fouling/denting brass

For some reason the extractor(? I think) is bending the ejected brass with a depression on the side of the cartridge and leaving it coated in fouling. (the top of the magazine is being coated in excessive amounts of fouling as well)

This is clean ammo... Winchester value packs from Walmart, which go through my Glock just fine.

2. Occasional jams with Schaer 33 round mag

For some reason my 33 round mag jams about 10% of the time, but this does not happen with the stock S&W mag. I've looked at the feed lips and compared how the bullets feed off the mag to the stock one and I can't seem to see much difference.

But in firing it, either the spent casings fail to eject occasionally, or a bullet gets fed from the magazine vertically, requiring I remove the mag and hold the bolt back to clear the jam.

3. Won't feed Remington Golden Saber HPs

The lip of the hollowpoint is getting stuck on the feed lip area of the barrel. Pulling the bolt back and pushing it forward to load the first round in the mag fails, because the round gets stuck and won't go up into the barrel. This happens with both the stock and the 33-round "make-a-liberal-cry" mags.

This doesn't happen with FMJ rounds as their smoothness allows them to be easily fed.

Anyone have any suggestions? PS, I did fluff and buff and lubricate the gun.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
1. Extractor fouling/denting brass

I notice brass comes out of my 9mm SUB pretty dirty as well. Doesn't seem to matter what brand of ammo I shoot in it. I don't notice the brass being dented much.

2. Occasional jams with Schaer 33 round mag

That's Scherer mags for ya!

3. Won't feed Remington Golden Saber HPs

This is probably a feed ramp issue... smoothing and polishing the metal indentation at the base of the barrel will probably clear it up. If it doesn't, find some other brand of ammo that will feed reliably.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks... I'll try polishing that.

One question though, is there anything I can do to my Scherer mag to make it work better? Or do they all suck?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Frangible said:
For some reason my 33 round mag jams about 10% of the time, but this does not happen with the stock S&W mag.

Say what???? :shock: I thought the Scherer where Glock mags! How are you using a S&W mag in a Glock SUB??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts