Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's mine. Exchanged both of my P-40 slides for the hard chrome.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wahoo! Here's mine!

Just picked up a P40 (not a conversion, an actual P40) that's in about 99% condition with only 1 box of ammo through it, for **$175**. It's not here yet (bought it online) but it should be here by Thursday! Anyway, here's my picture, direct from the seller... She's not much to look at right now, but she will be once I'm done with her!

BTW, is KT still doing HC exchanges for the P40 now that they're not making any P40's, or will I have to send it off to Jack for nickel plating?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'd call KT or send Bloodwalker a PM to see if they are still offering the HC exchange on the P-40. A couple of months ago, I stopped by to see Bloodwalker at the factory and he located a HC .357 Sig barrel for me....so, you never know what might be there unless you check.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It hasn't been that long since I got mine done. Just call Kel-Tec and make sure they have one in stock.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, my new P40 wasn't in quite the shape I expected when the seller represented it as "99%", but still not bad. The barrel had a bunch of light rust on it, as did the slide serrations, and aparently the gun has been shipped back to KT at least once for a complaint about FTF. I found a copy of my dealer's FFL in the box with a note on the bottom asking KT to examine & fix FTF issues. Seems a LEO bought it and didn't want to carry anything that wasn't 100% reliable. Funny thing is, right after I picked it up yesterday I put 30 rds of Win WhiteBox 180grn JHP and another 20rds of Rem. Golden Sabre JHP through it, without cleaning, lubing or F&B'ing at all, and didn't have a single FTF, FTE or anything else that could be construed as a problem. Seems maybe the original owner was limpwristing... Like Flyer said before, these little pocket rockets just need a firm hand and locked wrists to avoid FTF / FTE. Funny thing is, the only gun I had any FTF with yesterday was my $800 Springfield 1911. I've never had even ONE FTF or FTE with my P3AT, and my P40 seems to be keeping that tradition alive.
I cleaned the P40 really well tonight, and gave it a good F&B. The machine marks inside the lug area are pretty deep, and I haven't sanded them out yet, but I guess I'll get to it eventually.

Thanks to everyone posting in the P40 area... I think .40 is a great caliber, and I own a S&W .40, but I was afraid to get a P40 after some of the negative things I'd heard. Y'all set me straight, and I'm glad I got it.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you got your P-40 and it's working for you. I shot 50 rounds with mine yesterday with no problems.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
432 Posts
They're both loaded -- you just can't see it because the grip on the P40 puts it at a different angle than the P3AT. Assuming I had the option between a loaded .380 or a loaded .40, I'd pick the .380 any day, and I'd also be hoping like crazy that the guy on the other end never practiced with it... :twisted:

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting question. I wouldn't underestimate the lethal possibilities of a .380 round, or overestimate the ability of a shooter to control a P-40. Depends on who's pulling the trigger.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Agreed. I asked the question with the thought in mind that the person pulling the trigger is a good shot with both weapons. Assuming someone familiar with both, and a good shot with both (and acknowledging that .380 can kill...) I'd rather take the *smaller* hole. This comparison doesn't necessarily work for other caliber pairs, however...

:)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doesn't matter anyway, I'm packing, and good at fast target aquisition.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Doesnt matter which end you are looking down. Its the wrong to be staring down.

G

·
here's my P40 (with nickel slide from Jack) along with my P11, P32 and P3AT with Bersa grip adapter courtesy of Byron...thanks again Byron....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts