Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been covered, but at what temperature does a Polymer Frame start to melt?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:

Midiman said:
You got an oven? I'd be interested in your test results.
I was hoping someone bravery than me had already checked this out for the sake of science------

MD

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, going to Cape Corral, Florida this summer in August---Yup, guess that is almost hell like-----

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
No need to worry about that. I wouldn't leave my Glock on the dashboard... even if you did, I doubt it would bother it. If you did, I'd tend to worry about other things more than the melting point. :tsk:

G

·
Hey Michigan, if you decide to do it feel free to send me the slide, barrel and innards of whatever KT pistol you decide to bake. I will even pay for shipping. I have a few test of my own and might need the extra parts. I saw something in a movie one time that I want to try, I think that I can do it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most polymers will be in the 450 deg to 550 degree range before they start meltdown. Not sure what type this is but likely it is toward the high end..

Pat

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re:

Midiman said:
No need to worry about that. I wouldn't leave my Glock on the dashboard... even if you did, I doubt it would bother it. If you did, I'd tend to worry about other things more than the melting point. :tsk:
Nope, and I don't live in Ohio, so you'll never see one of my guns on display in my car-----

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Michigan Dan said:
Midiman said:
Nope, and I don't live in Ohio, so you'll never see one of my guns on display in my car-----
Ah... come on. Get in the spirit of things. I can't wait to buy a Hummer an put a 2 AR rack in the rear window so I can make fun of the pickup truck hicks in the outlying area of this (red)neck of the woods. Of course, my hummer will have a very aggressive security system installed :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re:

Midiman said:
Michigan Dan said:
Midiman said:
Ah... come on. Get in the spirit of things. I can't wait to buy a Hummer an put a 2 AR rack in the rear window so I can make fun of the pickup truck hicks in the outlying area of this (red)neck of the woods. Of course, my hummer will have a very aggressive security system installed :)

I already have that, it's known as an armed driver who can actually shoot :twisted:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Or a big vicious dog. My uncle has 2 rottweiliers that live in his truck. Everytime I see them, they are in the back of the truck. He usually takes them everywhere, and he has to make them get out. Even when he is home, they are in the back of that truck!! You should the Walmart trips. He leaves the windows down and unlocked and the keys in a drink console

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re:

cloak said:
Or a big vicious dog. My uncle has 2 rottweiliers that live in his truck. Everytime I see them, they are in the back of the truck. He usually takes them everywhere, and he has to make them get out. Even when he is home, they are in the back of that truck!! You should the Walmart trips. He leaves the windows down and unlocked and the keys in a drink console

Sounds like that would work good too---

1 - 13 of 13 Posts