Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some information about the Polish P-64? I ran across what appeared to be a new one today that look rather interesting. Are they any good? Are they actually Makarov's? How 'bout it Cigarman, I know you have the skinny on these things. Talk to me.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nope, it's not a Makarov.
It fires the 9mm Makarov round.
The Makarov, or PM (Pistolet Makarova) is a separate and distinct design entirely.
The P-64 is a derivative of the Walther series pistols, with the safety moving upwards instead of down on the slide and other similiar features.
The ones I've seen have varied... some have been quite nicely finished, others were definitely "iffy"... rough and ill-fitted.
Flyer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Flyer and is it possible to remove my other post about the P-64 so I don't look any dumber than usual?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Flyer it's me an you. The fit and finish on the one I saw today looked really good. Are these as reliable as the Bulgie's? Are the P-64's really worth buying? I assume it's just a totally different gun than the Bulgie's - is that right?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, completely different design.
It's worth buying if it's got a good fit and finish, and most importantly, if you like it!
Having said that... no, it's not going to be as reliable as an actual Makarov. That doesn't mean it's not GOING to be reliable, but Makarovs are legendary for their reliability... in my experience the only thing as reliable as a Mak is a Glock.
Also, the Makarov is an all-steel gun, whereas the P-64 have an aluminum frame... although I believe there are SOME out there that have steel frames. This shouldn't really matter much, truthfully.
For the MONEY, however, it's a fine buy! It shoots a good round, and ammo is cheap - I especially recommend the PSGrand ammo you can order at www.makarov.com .
If you like the pistol by all means get it... chances are I'll pick one up myself at the next gunshow!
Flyer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts